Voguing in protestation

Originally published at: Voguing in protestation | Boing Boing

9 Likes

9 Likes

First and foremost: good for them!

Next (and leastmost) for crusty word usage fans:

Voguing A dance move comprised of a series of poses imitating a model at a photo shoot. Voguing originated in the gay black subculture of ballroom in the 80s and Vogueing became recognized in the mainstream with Madonna’s song Vogue. Voguing made a resurgence with the contemporary TV show Pose.

6 Likes

A delightful addition to anyones day.

4 Likes

Think of all the martial arts styles that came out of (or were hidden in) dance.

You don’t want to mess with a 5th Dan Vogue master!

5 Likes

This is a very effective form of advocacy to tax reform.

Well probably it isn’t, but it’s still cool.

1 Like

I like how the police were so flummoxed by this, that by moving people away, they were actually giving these three more space to dance, and at the same time allowing more people to see. It’s good to see the enemy completely confused.

6 Likes

had you heard about the fact the current, right wing, columbian government wants to raise taxes on everyday citizens in the midst of one of their biggest economic crises?

if not, then the vogueing just worked. ( and if you had, realize this will reach people who hadn’t. ) creative protest is good. it entertains while also supporting and encouraging other protestors. and it gets the word out by becoming “newsworthy”

plus, being out in columbia is probably no joke. so they’re not only supporting workers, theyre fashionable and brave.

10 Likes

Don’t know anything about the political situation in Columbia. Hope it gets better, however it happens.

Thank you. I had no clue.

1 Like

4 Likes

♫Vogue the power!
Vogue the powers that be!♪

It almost looks like Dance Dance Revolution vs Halo.

4 Likes

And they give the whole protest stack a Dance Fighting multiplier.

2 Likes

Still one of my fave game series of all time…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.