Voter registration surges in the wake of Taylor Swift Instagram post

Dear America,
Don’t like the shitshow that politics currently is?
Two steps.
Register to vote.
Then fucking go out and vote.
It’s the best way to get any change.

End of PSA.

I don’t follow Taylor Swift, but if this was the gist of her message, more power to her.

4 Likes

The answer is “yes”.

1 Like

Kanye wasn’t a shock, just a massive disappointment. I say this as a former fan of his work: at this point I don’t really give a shit if his antics over the past couple of years are some sort of Kauffmanesque “performance art” or not - it has done real damage and I just can’t tolerate it.

5 Likes

Just want to add, being a celebrity doesn’t make someone stupid.

https://www.rasmussen.edu/student-life/blogs/main/100-celebrities-with-college-degrees/

4 Likes

Or she just might have over 100 million Russian Instagram trolley accounts following her.

1 Like

Wait, a 70-year-old was spry enough to tear down your bathroom? Wow.

2 Likes

I’ve wondered about that often… Or maybe it was Katy Perry, I can’t seem to keep them apart. :smiley:

Joking aside: good on er of course. People need to vote, it’s the least you can do.

1 Like

I still enjoy Kanye’s greatest hit.

As long as they vote Democrat! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m wondering, is there some star on the right who’s that big, and who’s planning to call soon for their conservative minions to get out and vote, to counteract the swifites? (Hope not, of course)

3 Likes

Not that most Dems these days aren’t also on what amounts to the right (damn, it’s tough these days not to think that the U.S. is just totally fucked by this point).

IKR 70 is the new 40. She was 6’ tall and wore an odd short blond curly wig. Quite the sight wearing TS t-shirts and donning a tool belt. If I had the foresight I should’ve photographed her.

It’s going to be Katy Perry* riding in on an elephant and it will be FUCKING AWESOME cos sequins everywhere, fire, acrobats, tigers, ka-POW FIREWORKS and she’ll show that skinny Swifty that a Twitter feud ain’t nothing compared to a good old-fashioned glitzed-up political showdown!!

What, you’re telling me real political ads are more grounded?

(*Other vacuous singers are available.)

1 Like

BadBlood

Enough of them are real enough to register to vote in TN.

The only thing I have to admit is never having heard any of her songs. At least not knowingly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.