Vulnerabilities

For those that at least dabble a bit in research, stay safe ya’ll.

1 Like

https://safekeepsecurity.com/about/cve-2020-10558/

Important Note: I stated in the video that this disables the autopilot functionality, but that is incorrect. This will only disable the notification to place pressure on the wheel. If you keep pressure on the wheel, AP will continue to function.

1 Like
2 Likes

If you use Twitter with Firefox in a shared computer account, you may have slightly spilled some private data on that PC

2 Likes
2 Likes

Want to stay under the radar for a decade or more? This Chinese hacking crew did it… by aiming for Linux servers

1 Like

Just for the irony.

1 Like

I think this was posted about a while ago, but it’s getting mainstream media attention now:

The quote from the judge at the end sums up my feelings about this.

4 Likes

Alsup is fantastic. There definitely need to be more judges like him to straighten out the mess patent law has become in this country.

1 Like

April 2020 and – rest assured – your Windows PC can still be pwned by something so innocuous as an unruly font

1 Like
3 Likes

A cautionary tale about how anyone can be scammed.

https://pluralistic.net/2020/04/24/slicey-boi/#overconfidence

4 Likes

Nine million logs of Brits’ road journeys spill onto the internet from password-less number-plate camera dashboard

“The unsecured management dashboard could have been used by anyone who found it to reconstruct a particular vehicle’s journey, or series of journeys, from its number plate, right down to the minute with ease. A malicious person could have renamed the cameras or altered key metadata shown to operators, such as a camera’s location, direction, and unique identifying number.”

2 Likes

Resistance is futile: Some Cisco security appliances are ticking time bombs of fail thanks to faulty resistors

Resistors, which cost a few cents apiece, are bricking pricey Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASAs).

3 Likes

Oh, great. First it was the bad capacitors, now we have bad resistors as well. In my recent experience with a bad power supply, bad caps are still a thing even today.

Of course, while this is different Cisco, this choice quote seems appropriate anyway:

4 Likes

When they instituted LPRs in my city with the help of a repo company I tried to get the mayor to drop them. No matter what scenario I spun, they thought I was a paranoid idiot. I waited three months and submitted an FOI request under Florida’s Sunshine Law and got all the geo data tied to every license scanned. I then posted a free to use site that used the old open Google Maps API to pinpoint every scan for the license plate you entered. The default plate in the field was the Mayor’s. They let the contract expire after the first year.

9 Likes

I have a mission for you, if you choose to accept it… :smirk:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Fake crypto-wallet extensions appear in Chrome Web Store once again, siphoning off victims’ passwords

The dodgy add-ons masquerade as legit crypto-wallet extensions, and invite people to type in their credentials to access their digital money, but are totally unofficial, and designed to siphon off those login details to crooks.

1 Like

That’s hardcore!

3 Likes