Vulnerabilities

Au contraire. Railways generally don’t want anybody else’s stuff even near their technical infrastructure. It complicates things and is a potential safety hazard.
It’s somewhat surprising that there even are such things as railway crossings, be they under, over, or level.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Like all the American services the world uses. Whether that’s blatantly illegal or not, and they do it with the active support and collaboration of the IS DoJ.

So fuck off DoJ. Fuck off pretending you care about data protection or privacy. Fuck off with your hypocritical sinophobic dog whistles.

In fact: just fuck off. You are not a credible source of information or outrage about abusive intrusion into people’s personal lives.

6 Likes

Man, the US government really hates TikTok.

To the DOJ, how is this any different than what other social media sites currently do?

(@robertmckenna, I owe you a coke!)

6 Likes
1 Like

It does its thing for :cn:, and does so directly, rather than their having to exfiltrate data to :cn: via interns, leaks and data vendors. (:thinking: Bold statement that, @Simon_Clift )

Talking with slightly-more-aware-than-average kids, there is a noticeable skew in what gets promoted on TikTok. Just a wee bit more push for things that cause chaos in the west, and a little bit more “diss the CCP and you’re a racist sinophobic hater”.

Using any social medium is allowing yourself to be trained to exhibit behaviours in exchange for cat treats (though BBS treats taste liberal, and Tumblr treats can taste a bit earnest). At least with the big :us: social media, the training is lead by a selfless and irreproachable paragon of capitalism.

1 Like

If you’re on Android, search for “Allow 2G” and disable it. It’s enabled by default.

7 Likes

Not an option for my phone. Must vary by network plan?

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t either. The only options I have are “Only 2g” “only 3g” or “anything”.

I’m not too worried anyway. This sounds like it only circumvents carrier spam protections. I’m pretty confident I can identify dangerous spam without those, as long as I’m not being spearphished. But I’m not a high value target for stuff like that.

That said, around a year ago they did arrest a guy driving around town with a Stingray here. They actually thought he was a spy, but it was just a fraud operation.

(The idiot drove right through the government quarter in Oslo with his equipment on, so the intelligence services were on to him right away)

8 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

Found & disabled.

Thanks!

4 Likes

If you give Copilot the reins, don’t be surprised when it spills your secrets

4 Likes
6 Likes

Leviev told WIRED ahead of his conference talk. “In terms of invisibility, I didn’t uninstall any update—I basically updated the system even though under the hood it was downgraded. So the system is not aware of the downgrade and still appears up-to-date.”

5 Likes
8 Likes

[Trump campaign says its internal messages hacked by Iran (bbc.com)]

9 Likes

The fiendish fiends! He wanted Russia to hack them!

4 Likes

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-leak-27-billion-data-records-with-social-security-numbers/

Almost 2.7 billion records of personal information for people in the United States were leaked on a hacking forum, exposing names, social security numbers, all known physical addresses, and possible aliases.

The data allegedly comes from National Public Data, a company that collects and sells access to personal data for use in background checks, to obtain criminal records, and for private investigators.

National Public Data is believed to scrape this information from public sources to compile individual user profiles for people in the US and other countries.

In April, a threat actor known as USDoD claimed to be selling 2.9 billion records containing the personal data of people in the US, UK, and Canada that was stolen from National Public Data.

At the time, the threat actor attempted to sell the data for $3.5 million and claimed it contained records for every person in the three countries. …

5 Likes
2 Likes