WAIT FOR IT: Surprising new 'Coke and Mentos' video

This must have taken place at the Edgewater Inn.

1 Like

This isn’t noodling, or at least not as noodling is usually done. Noodling is much more direct. It involves getting into a creek and sticking your hands and or feet into an underwater hole in the bank where the catfish is hiding. The catfish will then bite you and you can just grab them and pull them out.

Here’s a good video that has a couple chefs learning the technique with the aid of an experienced guide:

3 Likes

So I’ve been told. :slightly_smiling_face:

My own personal experimentation suggests otherwise --the differences under controlled circumstances seemed both insignificant and inconsistent.

Admittedly, test participants’ degree of inebriation may have affected the reliability of the results. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That was kind of my impression of what it was when I googled it, but it was unclear how a hole in a lawn could be a variation … I do wonder if the video was staged, as in; someone dug a hole in the ground, filled it with water, and put some catfish in.

And as an aside; that whole concept of getting in muddy water, feeling around in the mud and coming up with something slimy and wriggly is giving me the greeblies.

This weird youtube subgenre has other videos which clarify. It’s pretty much always burrows along a river:

The narrow camera angle makes it look like it’s on a lawn, but it’s probably right along a riverbank. Possibly connected to the water.

3 Likes

:smiley: As an urban Canadian, this is all a mystery to me. We do get catfish up here, but they do not seem to be the staple that they are in the more southerly parts of the U.S., and I don’t think (I could be wrong), that they grow to the impressive size here that they do there.

that seems trueish.

The big species (blue, flathead) don’t have a range that extends into Canada, and certainly they do seem bigger down south.

1 Like

After posing an interesting question, every good scientist runs an experiment. Please video it and report back.

1 Like

So, I watched a couple similar YT videos and it seems the egg is the “fish food” part of the plot. Fish like the taste, I guess. /shrug

The egg may be a McGuffin.

And THAT’S why you always put the cap back on the toothpaste (h/p Arrested Development).

Having watched a few eps of River Monsters, this freaks me out.

1 Like

Hm. Why doesn’t anyone ever fire a beanbag round, stuffed with Mentos, down the throat of an Alien?

Protip: a generous coating of baking soda should reduce acid burns from the explosion spray.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.