Walmart racists shop in Nazi swastika masks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/25/walmart-racists-shop-in-nazi-s.html

12 Likes

I hate Minnesota Nazis.

60 Likes

Put the fash in the trash.

64 Likes

I did nazi that coming.

26 Likes

Hrm. Growing up, I always assumed one good reason not to wear a swastika was there would be a good chance you’d get punched if you did. That not a thing anymore?

51 Likes

Although I support (shudder) Walmart’s initial actions regarding gun and ammunition sales, here is a concrete reason why having a gun for sale handy really makes sense.

1 Like

At least those people have the swastika pointing the correct way round. Classy …

Here in Germany, going about in public with a swastika face mask, or for that matter manufacturing, stocking, importing, or exporting items such as swastika face masks, would get you up to three years in jail or a fine, according to §86a of the penal code (Strafgesetzbuch).

71 Likes

She keeps saying, “you don’t get it, I’m not a nazi, I’m showing you what it’s going to be like.”
If that were truly the point she wanted to make, wouldn’t wearing a yellow star or armband be more appropriate?
Not that I agree with either, but the stoopid, it hurts.

61 Likes

Even if you fuck goats ironically…

80 Likes

The first amendment generally protects things like this. It would be very hard to pass a law outlawing the swastika or any other form of Nazi propaganda. All we have is shaming.

19 Likes

Indeed! “You wear ONE swastika…”

24 Likes

You know the Nazis are always the first ones to buy that shit, right?

25 Likes

If recent events have shown us anything, it’s not just that Americans are tragically stupid when it comes to both history and science–they’re also incapable of crafting even the simplest (and sensible) simile, metaphor, or other figurative literary device.

37 Likes

even if i understood her definition of logic, i’d be afraid of wearing that “mask” because it’s just asking for a punching.

10 Likes

Yes. We have freedom of expression too, except for Nazi paraphernalia and various other things related to Nazis (e.g., it is illegal to deny the Holocaust in public). There are certain exceptions – e.g., if you’re producing a film to educate people about the horrors of the Nazi regime, it is acceptable to have actors wear Nazi uniforms on the film set – but in general this sort of thing is highly frowned upon.

In principle it’s not great to have an “except” in one’s basic right of freedom of expression, but we can appreciate where this is coming from. We may not be able to stamp out neo-Nazi sentiment for good but, for better or for worse, its promulgators will at least have to come up with their own “corporate identity”,

25 Likes

Her pretzel logic is crystal clear. She’s saying not being allowed to murder millions of Americans through callous disregard of public health and scientific reality is the real fascism. Same mentality as the Confederacy that a handful of wealthy white plantation owners not being allowed to work three million Americans to death and breed and rape them to make more slaves to torture and murder was the real oppression. Projectionist isn’t just a job at the cinema (hell, it’s not even that anymore).

36 Likes

And here we are again, back to my ‘You Should Be Allowed to Punch a Nazi’ stance.

21 Likes

How long do you think we’ll wait for Walmart’s response?

3 Likes

Well, this should be a wake-up call for the far-right maskless loons: even Nazis are more considerate of others’ health during this pandemic than you. Of course, that’s assuming there’s anyone remaining on the right who can grasp the concept that Nazis are bad.

EDIT: You know what, I take it back- it should be a wake-up call for ALL maskless people, right or left, loons or not. The virus sure doesn’t care why they’re not protecting themselves and those around them, and the effect is the same whether it’s bizarro-world “activism” or simple selfishness or laziness.

12 Likes

They clearly don’t know anything about Germany.

In Germany, they would have been arrested before ever making it inside the store.

32 Likes