Walmart racists shop in Nazi swastika masks

That before they brought all the Nazi scientists into the US to work on cold war weapons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can’t force employees of a business, public or not, to wear something that would test their politics, sexual preference, race, sexual preference, etc. Making them view it on customers would be considered harassment.

It wouldn’t need to go to court to stop it, it’s a direct violation of current law and it would be enforced as such by the equal opportunity commission. The business could waste their money in court trying to be allowed to bring the swastikas BACK, but no one would be wearing them while they did.

It’s kind of a mistaken idea that anything can be held up in court forever. On appeal this case would last the length of time the federal judge would take to glance at it. The Supreme Court would simply refuse to hear it.

1 Like

Of all the places that Nazis would shop, I’m the least surprised that it’s at Walmart.

13 Likes

And her husband is there wearing his Trump t-shirt. They think they’re just being “ironic fascists,” but they’re fine with actual ones.

Or, you know, the red triangle used to designate anti-fascists. Oh, no, wait, they hate those people… With a bit of probing one might make them realize that they’re firmly on a side, they’re just currently a bit confused about which one it actually is.

5 Likes

Walmart is way too much the melting pot, as is America, genetically in general, really. American racism is a farce even in terms of racism.

The nazis felt that even Slavic peoples were subhuman. Once they started measuring noses, giving phrenology exams, testing for handicaps and fitness and genetic non-whiteness, most American nazis would not pass muster, and a lot would be off to the concentration camps.

11 Likes

5 Likes

even then, they had to keep their Nazi memorabilia in a nice quiet room in the back or in a closet or so, thanks to shaming if not for legal reasons.

2 Likes

Politics is not a protected class. An employer absolutely could make his employees wear a t shirt that they don’t agree with politically. The rest are protected classes but any at will employee can be straight up fired for their politics. Might be some municipal and maybe a state exception to the rule, but in general politics is not protected.

4 Likes

1st off, NSPA v Village of Skokie (Illinois)…so they can wear what they want. 2nd, having said that, I probably would’ve followed them outside with my wife and we would have kicked the s—t out of them! 3rd, Walmart would have to serve them as they would be discriminatory if they didn’t and end up making these 2 s—tnoodles millionaires…

Update: The couple have been issued a notice of trespass, Walmart has banned them from the store

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/swastika-wearing-couple-causes-disturbance-at-marshall-walmart/89-5dca4fca-976d-4550-8fe2-4bd2160ecd7a

29 Likes

Hate speech laws.

1 Like

When WE put swastikas on OUR FACES that means YOU are being a Nazi

What’s so hard to understand? /s

18 Likes

Not necessarily if they are causing issues and actively harassing other customers they can be told to leave the store.

13 Likes

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t know I wasn’t supposed to hit you in the face as hard as I could. Nobody told me you weren’t a fascist. Last time there were nazis around we had to kill all of them. Lucky thing you aren’t a nazi!”

15 Likes

As Ken ‘Popehat’ White says…
The Rule of Goats: even if you say you’re only fucking goats ironically, you’re still a goatfucker.

21 Likes

A swastika could not be forced on any employee in any business in the United States, nor on any public individual as a requirement of service. Anything, be it political or otherwise, that would weed out employees or customers based on their race, sexual orientation, etc., is illegal, federally. Telling an employee to wear a swastika would certainly apply.

Not worth arguing with you about it, it’s absurd. Even refusing a change of your uniform to include political campaign material would not be a legitimate cause for termination, as it is not work or performance related, and you weren’t made aware of the requirement during hiring.

1 Like

The number of people offering up wildly differing opinions regarding civil rights, the first amendment, and employment law really drives home how poorly many Americans understand the laws at the heart of our society. We, as a country, should see to that.

We’d be a better country if people clearly understood their protections under the law, and where those protections might be less than they had assumed.

14 Likes

Yeah, it certainly begs the question of why they just happened to have this swastikas lying around their home.

17 Likes

The problem is, if you want to know what your rights actually are at the end of the day you’d have to study jurisprudence to the point of qualifying to be an actual lawyer.

Laws sometimes say things in plain language, but given 200 years of judicial rulings, and the fact that many conservative judges today no longer have any regard for Stare Decisis (especially when following precedent means tRump or other republicans are guilty of crimes) it’s very difficult to tell what your rights are or aren’t.

13 Likes

Most of the people you see who bring up firings like this are at-will employees. It goes nowhere because it doesn’t say on their paperwork that they were fired for refusing to wear a trump 2020 mask, or whatever. Then the burden shifts to them to prove that is why they were fired, and they can’t.

Employers that hire contract employees generally know better, or find other cause to fire the employee.

4 Likes