Walmart smears worker-based chat app with lies and scare tactics

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/15/walmart-smears-worker-based-ch.html

4 Likes

I find it hard to believe that a stand up organization like WalMart would resort to mistruths and fear. I’ve seen their ads. Their employees always look so up and energized and free and (checks schedule) more split shifts? Fuck this job!

30 Likes

tRump’s Murica no likey this.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if most Wallmart employees are Trumps’s America.

7 Likes

This raises the question in my mind of how you _un_teach a Watsonian app things which are later determined not to be true. Do these things have a mechanism for forgetting stuff?

5 Likes

most Walmart shoppers seem to be.

4 Likes

Other than to, um… ask it for details and verify whether the information is correct?

5 Likes

We’re rolling-back civil liberties!
Always!

15 Likes

Are we surprised?
This seems like a play straight out of former board member Hillary Clinton’s ™ pro corporate anti worker, FUD playbook…

In a way, this is kind of like telling kids not to read a book they’d never heard of until you mentioned it. :laughing: Way to go, Walmart. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I’m certainly not surprised that there are still people keen to blame Clinton for every wrong in the world. Saddened, but not surprised.

3 Likes

That’s a novel idea. It could have all sorts of applications. Like, during election campaigns, for example. Do you think it might catch on?

3 Likes

That whole “We’ve recovered under Obama! Look at jobs totals!” shtick sounds rather hollow when you’ve gone from…basically any job to having to work at Wal-Mart.

Just having a job doesn’t guarantee you’re living a decent life.

3 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.