WaPo: Documents about foreign nation's nuclear defenses among those seized from Donald Trump's Florida compound

D’oh! That was a tactical error of grandiose proportions. :rage:

8 Likes

This is what happens when they elect a guy who aspires to making deals over everything else. He will sell out the country. He probably had private conversations with Putin, the Saudis and every other thug around the world, asking them what US secrets were on their wish list, and how much they would pay.

9 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was an allied country, too. He is obsessed with French military capability ever since Macron upstaged him with a military parade, so I can imagine him wanking himself to sleep over the relative paucity of French nukes.

Plus, we already know he had documents on Macron in the pile.

8 Likes

Agreed. And I think he’s stupid enough to believe he did North Korea a favor: that if he took that document, nobody would know about their capabilities anymore.

5 Likes

Well, if they go the UN route, nothing because the US has veto on everything due to their seat on the security council. Intelligence issues are rarely if ever a matter of treaty, so the only real option for legal action is to sue in the world court, which the US routinely ignores unless it is convenient to do otherwise. The major impact will be an increased reluctance for foreign countries to share their own intelligence data with the US, knowing that we had a leak at the very top, but since the US has the largest world-wide intelligence services that is pretty much moot unless they want to get cut off from the US data. Oh, in theory the government could agree to be sued and even allow itself to be sued in foreign jurisdictions including the International Court of Justice, but that seems unlikely and more or less irelevant, and of course a foreign goverment could impose its own sanctions, declare treaties abrogated, or even confiscate holdings by US-aligned entities, but again this would usually cause more problems than it could possibly solve.

In short, suing the US would be futile, go after Trump instead.

6 Likes

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

4 Likes

I’m not sure that throwing in the word “fatsplain” adds value to the tweet. There are countless legitimate and damning attacks to make against the guy without needing to give the appearance of fat-shaming.

(Yes, the A-hole obviously has fat-shamed many women himself but that’s beside the point in this instance)

Edit to add: looks like that’s not a real Twitter account so it seems that someone is up to mischief using Psaki’s name…

16 Likes
24 Likes

That’s always the issue when dealing with Lawful Neutral types. “Yes, this man has performed evil acts, but they may not actually be against the law, so we must examine everything in excruciating detail while he runs roughshod over everything because he doesn’t care who he hurts.” Like so many other things with Trump, this is an unprecedented situation because no one ever thought we’d need laws to cover an ex-president walking away with several garbage bags full of classified materials.

It’s like that first testing of an input screen where the programmers are logical but not creative thinkers. You find the data isn’t being sanitized because no one would enter strings like that into the fields, so the next thing you know Little Bobby Tables has made your database go bye bye.

15 Likes

67227e129925f15e24bfee37e1ece6c30017b13b~2

@jenpsoki?

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird. As far as I can see her real Twitter handle is @jrpsaki, so maybe it’s a spoof account?

6 Likes

I couldn’t find a twitter account with that name, so I created one with it. :flushed:

3 Likes

She’s definitely far more eloquent than that tweet.

3 Likes

Silly question - does Trump retain diplomatic status as an ex-President?

For instance, say the documents were about France, and he landed in Paris, could he be arrested by the French government for endangering their national security.

Obviously it would be a catastrophic diplomatic mess if it were to ever happen, but would it be possible?

4 Likes

Only if they tried to return him to us. No, you picked him up, you get to keep him. He’s your problem now. Good luck!

8 Likes

I favor these places for merkin von bankrupt and melanomia, all the little von bankrupts and their SOs, and their attending minions:
dubai-wingsuit-flying-trip

There’s even plenty of room for the entire company of worshipful seditionists, once they’re out of prison!

Since merkin von bankrupt is so bigly rich, he can simply ahem wave a tiny little hand, and get all the required infrastructure (we know how much rethugs adore infrastructure!) and housing built!

I mean, this place is perfect! It’s all built on lies, w/o taking any environmental effects into consideration, entirely phony, and is sinking fast.

It’s even in a country run by an intolerant dictator, which is exactly what they want!

Perfection!

9 Likes

In the ocean part, hopefully not on land. All politicians who denied climate change should be required to tread water until climate change has been fixed.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Most of the history of diplomatic law is based in custom, practicality and the presumption of reciprocity more than strictly defined legal statutes.

So in a very real sense Trump will effectively remain protected by his diplomatic status as long as whatever country he is in believes that arresting him would create a catastrophic diplomatic mess.

8 Likes

Just charge the mthrfkr already.

“Every day Trump faces zero accountability for his actions, he continues to call the shots.” -Ja’Han Jones MSNBC

13 Likes