Warrant out for the arrest of a Texas school teacher after she locked her COVID positive son in the trunk of her car

It’s just a kid, not like a real human being… come on, let’s not get carried away… I mean, we all survived our parents smoking around us, and letting us rattle around in the back of station wagons and trucks… and we liked it… we LOVED it… /s

18 Likes

I rode around in the back of station wagons and pickup beds.

My parents never would have put me in a damn trunk; even when I wasn’t sick.

30 Likes

The child has an absolute right to be born and then the parent should abuse it all to hell. TEXAS.

20 Likes

Right? Still not a great idea, but not a trunk…

Children are, after all, only the property of their parents, not people who deserve rights… /s

freedom GIF

20 Likes

The people who believe they can do whatever they want without consequences, unequal enforcement the of law, and those who suffer as a result. When folks complain that our systems don’t need reform or that change isn’t worth the effort, I point to stories like this. :weary:

19 Likes

the actual danger is abuse. no one absolutely no one at any age would be like: you want me to ride in the trunk mom? i love cramped, dark, dangerous places where it feels like i can’t breathe. especially when im sick

it might be some shit a kid will do on a dare from a friend, but when a parent is telling you that you must?

kids don’t have equal power with their parent, so consent is impossible to differentiate from coercion. that’s why adults need to take extra care with kids, and a parent who’s a teacher!?

they should know better. and if they don’t? they shouldn’t be anywhere near kids, not even their own

15 Likes

FTFY. After all, it is Texass.

6 Likes

I once again I am shocked and amazed at some of the pro toss sick kid in trunk crowd here.

Question for everyone: What makes you think this is a one off, no abuser starts at “sick kid in trunk”, they work their fucking filthy ass selves up to that.

If you are stating that you were abused/miss treated as a kid and turned out OK, you in fact did not turn out OK.

23 Likes

I rode in a trunk once when there was no room in the car for all the people. It was actually kind of fun and no big deal.

2 Likes

Absolutely. A fetus is the property of the government. A child is the property of the parents.

2 Likes

I am shocked at this:

But perhaps I shouldn’t be.

6 Likes

I’m go’n start drinking, again, today.

21 Likes

Here’s an idea…why not bring back the rumble seat? With updated safety, of course.

ETA: I mean, can you imagine how many broken noses or knocked out teeth there would be with today’s braking systems?

17 Likes

That works where it doesn’t get cold…

Freezing Steve Martin GIF

19 Likes

Yeah, given that it’s Texas, the expected solution would have been for either (or both) of them to use a gun.

3 Likes

Uhm… She should have worn an N95 mask, put him in the back seat also with a mask, and left all the windows rolled down with the vent running at full blast. That would have reduced her risk. And if she was vaccinated that also would have reduced her risk. But the story has none of those details except for her horrid behavior.

9 Likes

idk but minimizing her actions - endangering a child - would mean ‘normalizing’ such actions as ‘ordinary’ which would do injustice to children currently living abuses of many kinds being done upon them.

6 Likes

I had a similar situation recently. My solution: picked them up wearing a KN95 plus medical mask AND safety goggles, had them sit in the back seat, and kept the windows and vents open for the drive.

And technically my ‘trunk’ is just a cargo area, open to the back seat, so it wouldn’t have been as abusive to put them back there. It just would have been uncomfortable, dangerous, and illegal.

22 Likes
3 Likes

And you’re going to blame US for some kind of overreacting? Calling it “dropping to the fainting couch?” What the hell is wrong with your thought process that shoving a kid into a trunk is ever okay? And then taking that “dropping to the fainting couch” tone as if the people that call it out are somehow being /dramatic/ for daring to suggest this was at its most excusable just a bad decision and at it’s least, proof this kid is definitely abused?

Good god. Stop excusing really horrible behavior. Stop trying to find excuses for it. Why do we do this? Why do we see clearly bad behavior and try our damndest to justify it?

7 Likes