Was Jesus an extraterrestrial?

OT: Vasquez vs. Trump; I know who I’m betting on.

4 Likes

There’s a lot going on now. The biggest one was the de facto takeover of Protestantism by capitalism. Marxism may be a godless religion, but capitalism is a religion that just stole the nearest available god that wasn’t locked down.

2 Likes

Were these highly advanced constructions built by humans? Was this human being kind and thoughtful towards others? Did this human reach an enlightened state and inform us that anyone that wanted to could do the same? Did this human advance human technology to a startling degree?

Nope. It was all aliens because humans are stupid and worthless and they should feel bad.

4 Likes

My favorite part of the movie is where E.T. threw the money changers out of the temple.

18 Likes

El-ee-oot, drink this wine, it is my blood. No, seriously, my BAC is like 2.5, my blood is basically wine…

ETA: Also, when there was only one set of tiretracks, that’s when I was in your bike basket…and I carried you

16 Likes

Having documents wouldn’t get him very far when he was demonstrating against bankers who were claiming to do God’s work, preaching against the acquisition of capital and suggesting that the religious authorities were deeply corrupt.

1 Like

[citation needed]

Catholics believe that Jesus was 100% human, and only very backward catholics - cultural catholics who don’t actually listen to the teachings of their own religion - think that God is “out there.” The Vatican actually has an astronomy department.
Protestants…I give up on Protestants these days, they’re all over the shop.

3 Likes

Catholics believe in the trinity, just like most Christians. This catechism teaches that Jesus wasn’t always human, but he did become human in the incarnation. Muslims don’t believe that Jesus was God, but the Andalusian scholar Ibn al-Arabi taught that he was a spirit from God.

2 Likes

(Not totally related, but for pseudo-scientific-mystic babble combined with 70s aesthetics, this makes a great double-feature with The Late Great Planet Earth)

7 Likes

Erich von Däniken - most hated man by anyone whose line of work involves archeology and contact to the public.

7 Likes
5 Likes

That doesn’t make him an “extraterrestrial”, though, which was my point.

As Jesus said:

You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

It does depend on whether heaven can be understood to mean “beyond the earth” in the sense of being on a separate plane of existence (or whatever your interpretation is) rather than at a spatial point outside of the earth’s atmosphere.

3 Likes

No problem. He was signed up shortly after his birth. The family even took a special trip to Bethlehem to do so.

1 Like

(Slightly) more serious question: was Jesus an XX male and/or the result of human parthenogenesis?

2 Likes

:heavy_check_mark:︎ Was Jewish
:heavy_check_mark:︎ Jews = People? Not necessarily. (It’s on CNN)
:heavy_check_mark:︎ Was not an animal

Yep, sounds like an E.T. to me.

3 Likes

Also, Jeesus Pieces.

3 Likes

It’s not crazy sounding because modern UFO/alien lore traces its evolution through religion and spiritually-based supernatural beliefs, and seeks to explain some of the same extraordinary psychological phenomena (like sleep paralysis) that were previously attributed the supernatural. “Alien” is just the word you use for “angel,” if you live in an era where science is the dominant paradigm.

3 Likes

Welcome to Cafeteria Christianity. Fill up your tray with what you want and sit where you like. This week’s special - All Dogs go to Heaven and - from the far east -Karma!

9 Likes

I had this theory (well more of a writing prompt) that our universe is just a big simulation running on the computer of some super intelligent life-form that is trying to solve the problems facing their society. We worship them as gods maybe because that’s how they want it, or that’s just because we don’t know any better. I would think the later since a super-intelligent society would have evolved beyond things like vanity. In my theory, Jesus is just one of the sys admins trying to make some adjustments to the rules that the simulation runs on.

Along the same lines, instead of the simulation, we could just be a big game of Sims where for the most part, the play has kinda gotten bored with us. Every now and then, he’ll check on us and actually play. Major historical figures like Jesus or Hitler would be artifacts of him actually playing the game. I really felt like this election was one of those times where the player was logged in.

I suppose I’ve mostly plagiarized Douglas Adams.

4 Likes