Was your dog George Washington in a previous life? Is your cat the reincarnation of Annie Oakley? Dial now to find out.

Originally published at: Was your dog George Washington in a previous life? Is your cat the reincarnation of Annie Oakley? Dial now to find out. | Boing Boing

1 Like

Christ, I hope these conmen are reincarnated as assholes.

2 Likes

A story about a cat which may be the reincarnated Franz Liszt by Roald Dahl:

3 Likes

Nobody was ever Gary the Shit Shoveller, latrine mucker of an obscure village in 11th century Scotland who died of dysentery at 23 with no children in a past life.

12 Likes

Is your cat the reincarnation of Annie Oakley?

Almost certainly not, but it’d be pretty cool to have a pet that was the reincarnation of the version of Calamity Jane seen in Deadwood.

The dialog where JF Sebastian tells her to “be brief” and she replies “be fucked” is probably the best writing TV has ever seen, and a lot of cats and small dogs could really sell it.

2 Likes

Maybe my poor dog is a reincarnation of me.

Text here: The Egg

3 Likes

Reincarnated? You mean reincarnated as assholes again?

And why is it always some historically important figure? Why not so and so was a peasant that died of the black plague. …or you were a particularly short lived leech?

4 Likes

Live vicariously through your pet’s past lives! Impress your boss, and your future spouse!

1 Like

Does that mean my daughter’s hamster wasn’t Cleopatra?

No, my dog’s hamster was Cleopatra.

1 Like

If a human can reincarnate as an animal, does the converse hold, or do you progressively come back as a less sentient species?

My question is somewhat rhetorical. I’m pretty sure that in my last life, I was a salamander.

I believe that there are two schools of thought on this: one says that it is completely random and the other says that it depends on your karma situation in the previous life.

I’m gonna go with this one:

1 Like

Lurchi, is it you?

1 Like

Deadwood had the best swearing on TV. It transformed it in to pure art that was almost Shakespearian.

Pretty sure I was a cat in my last life, it would explain my laziness interspersed with bouts of wandering the neighborhood and staring intently at birds.

1 Like

Arnold J Rimmer (BSC, SSC) was Alexander The Great’s chief eunuch in a previous incarnation.

2 Likes

Oh Smeg! Got me there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.