'World’s worst cat' up for adoption

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/24/perdita.html

‘She’s just a jerk.’

11 Likes

‘No, this cat is just a jerk’,”

Unlike all other cats, that are one step away from sainthood. BTW: a cat told me that.

27 Likes

I am in love with this cat.

27 Likes
16 Likes

We had a cat like this. He was… very hard to love. Especially when he bit me on the behind for really no reason that I could ever fathom. I forced him to accept hugs and treats and when he reached his double digits I think that we finally wore down his resolve to be a jerk all of the time. He crossed over the rainbow bridge 10 months ago and I still think that I see him lurking around in the shadows. I guess that I miss that big fat jerk of a cat.

35 Likes

Tsumi may be even more malicious: she actually lets you rub her tummy for 10 seconds or so before trying to rip it off. She’s laid off the batting at you as you walk by recently…

4 Likes

Perdita may have to up her game.

20 Likes

I know a dear lady who regularly takes home the feline rejects of the local animal shelter. Cats with all kinds of health problems. Cats with attitude. Ugly cats. The whole works.

7 Likes

This cat is my hero.

4 Likes

Oh, come on! Someone has to do it.

Christ, what an asshole.

8 Likes

I once cat-sat a cat Sherman who knew that humans were the enemy. He wanted to kill me.

2 Likes

There was a nice story in Swedish press recently from when a lonely man who had loved animals had died and no one came to the burial. When the ceremony was about to beging they opened the doos and looked outside just to check no one had arrived last minute. In walks a cat, go a loop around the coffin and lay down on one of the benches during the ceremony.

17 Likes
10 Likes

I’m a cat person.
I think there’s an ICD-10 for that.

4 Likes

Rubbing a cat’s tummy requires a large leap of faith as they can attack your hand from five different directions simultaneously. I always announce a tummy rub before doing it to my 22 lb black kitty. Fortunately, he likes it.

7 Likes

My cat loves me but he’s kind of an asshole towards most everyone else. I would be curious to see how much of a dick this cat actually is, sometimes certain animals prefer different interactions and it’s also possible this cat doesn’t need or want much human interaction. I think that is a fair personality trait, the cat still needs to be treated with compassion and respect.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Cat butt.

2 Likes

Ah, cats who are jerks. There was one cat in particular when I was a kid who would sit in the hallway and try to attack me if I dared to walk past him. He wasn’t an all-around jerk though, he just hated children in particular for some reason. He warmed to me when I got a little older.

My parents currently have a cat who was found as an adult stray out in the city. We’re pretty sure she was never people socialized. She often screams at people for the crime of being in her presence, and she absolutely despises it when people say her name.

4 Likes

e23c1d1e09bbf89eaa57d09df66849ce|nullxnull

11 Likes