Washington Post calls for "blackout" on Trump coverage, appeals to RNC

I wish self-boycotting was enough. We get our friends posting enough even if we ourselves don’t opt in.

1 Like

Yes.

Yes, I truly can.

15 Likes

Trump replied, “Some of my best friends are blackouts.”

6 Likes

I’ve often thought this myself, but realize that unless you can get the majority of the populace to follow along it is futile. I actually did just that with Ann Coulter…just quit clicking on stories about her and it did no good, sadly.

2 Likes

It all just seems like such a “free market” approach to any problem so long as an entire industry makes a living off of these horrible figures. Sure we can avoid clicking. But that does sweet FA for them bombarding us daily.

Now, if Facebook cared about us curating our own feeds, sure. And it’s good to not click them for sanity. But the idea that we’d make a difference in the face of someone that the media loves to hate, it’s as useless as an Internet petition.

The whole thing reeks of “well now that we were targeted, that’s just beyond the pale…” As long as it was just the podunk papers and some websites, they might complain a little but now is when they roll out the pushback.

I also think the author gave themselves a little too much of a pass over the whole “don’t play hardball or else no access” problem that has been an issue since forever.

Their complaint isn’t about the problem, their complaint is the degree of it and that they were finally targeted. Cry me a river.

2 Likes

Come on 4th Estate! Breath! Breath Breath damn you!!!

7 Likes

The GOP has sunk so low that the Democrats can now have an opinion and still be electable!

2 Likes

It’s funny that their recommendation is essentially just basic journalism. Revolutionary! Yes, this is what they all should have been doing all along.

6 Likes

No I don’t.

Welcome to Boing Boing.

1 Like

FTFY Welcome to boingboing! :wink:

4 Likes
10 Likes

I Google his name with adjectives or verbs that indicates the reporting I want to read.

Trump weak terrorists “gun regulation”

Trump “is weak on terrorism”

Trump staff infighting

Trump meltdown

Trump fights GOP

GOP abandons Trump

Trump racist

Trump fraud

Trump “John Miller”

Trump implodes

2 Likes

I guess the neocon owned WaPost hasn’t noticed that every time Trump bashes the media, his poll numbers rise. I gather that is because Trump supporters have come to hate the mainstream media for its relentless flogging of the status quo. Which come to think of it is the same reason that I as a Sanders voter hate them, the Post especially.

Google makes an interesting point.

11 Likes

Too little, too late assholes.

8 Likes

I mean, just do it already. We’re waiting. It can’t be that hard to not cover his tantrums.

And yet, they lack the fortitude to go through with the bluff.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll be put in Magneto’s cell…

7 Likes

“…what happens if you leave Guy Fieri in a microwave.” :laughing:

6 Likes

Funny, but Hillary’s not really a libertarian.

3 Likes