"Waste of my fucking time" whispered into hot mic after Paul Ryan defends Muslim nation travel ban

To Brent_Kaufman: I can’t reply directly to your other post because it is currently flagged, so I replied here. FYI, my prediction has already been proven correct by the Sociopath in Chief. He fired Sally Yates. I will now amend my statement to say he will take action to have revenge against any government employee who disagrees with him. Gag orders will be only one of the weapons in the arsenal he will use to wage his personal, petty wars against anyone who refuses to kiss his bum. He fired Yates, in a churlish and childish way that would have been a disgrace to a juvenile delinquent, for the “crime” of having a conscience and acting in accordance with her oath of office, two things which are alien to and hated by Drumpf, who has demonstrated time and again that he has the conscience of a tapeworm, and who has a long and reprehensible history of ignoring contracts and breaking promises. Sally Yates was required by the moral force of her oath and by Federal law to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic”. She was required by her job description to ensure that the actions fo the Justice Department are legally correct within the strictures of the Constitution and Federal laws, so she issued directions for DOJ personnel to refrain from trying to keep the courts from deciding the Constitutional status of Drumpf’s exec order. So she was fired for daring to do her job.

By the way, she did NOT refuse to carry out Drumpf’s order. She directed her subordinates to refrain from taking legal actions in response against lawsuits brought by people seeking injunctions against the executive order. She did NOT refuse to tell DOJ personnel to carry out the order, and she did NOT issue orders to DOJ personnel who were acting in accordance with the exec order to cease their activities. What she did was to tell her people to not enter counterargments in court, which is most definitely not the same as refusing to carry out Drumpf’s unConstitutional, illegal, pernicious, heinous, racist, bigoted, hateful, pointless exec order which is an egregious violation of both the 1st and 14th Amendments. But it’s no surprise that Drumpf deliberately distorts the facts, misrepresents the words and actions of other people, acts like an emotionally stunted child, and accuses others of illegal acts when he is in fact the worst criminal in the vicinity. That kind of viscious attempt to rewrite reality has been characteristic of Drumpf all along. It is to be expected from a man whose personal definition of truth is “Whatever I feel like saying”.

The answer to the question of how will Drumpf act in any situation during his entire tenure can be accurately predicted by noting the fact that his very first official act as President was to violate his oath of office. The Emoluments Clause of the Constituion requires the President to have no personal financial ties to foreign countries, and Drumpf has repeatedly refused to drop those ties. When he put his hand on the Bible to take the oath of office he still had not divested himself of his overseas business interests, and when he finished the oath he had still not divested, so when he spoke the last word of the oath he was still in violation of the Emoluments Clause, so HE LITERALLY VIOLATED HIS OATH OF OFFICE BEFORE HE REMOVED HIS HAND FROM THE BIBLE!

6 Likes

Let’s be honest—we’re all just guessing here. We have very little idea what’s really happening on the inside, or what events might unfold in the future. I’m exhausted at speculating about it. I’ll just say that if there are weaknesses in this, we should be probing for them.

I have no love for this administration but he almost certainly did not say it. He wasn’t wearing a lav, and he was miles from the mic when it was said. Whoever said it was very close to it, and didn’t even sound like him. There appeared to be some mic handling noise as it was said, so for all we know it was a tech who was about to tear down the audio, who had grabbed the mic and was about to unplug it, who was having a crap day and didn’t want to be there. In any case, I’ve spent many years as an audio tech, and unless Ryan was wearing a lav we didn’t see (unlikely), it wasn’t him.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.