Watch a car accidentally launch off the the road and fly over dozens of autos at a dealership

Huh? No, they wouldn’t. Evel lined them up side by side to maximize the number of vehicles he was jumping. Evel was a showman. Don’t disrespect Evel, man. That’s evil.

4 Likes

My brother and I left the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market minutes before this happened.

It seems he thought he was hitting the brake pedal.

4 Likes

Great Scott that’s harrowing! Glad you both got out unscathed!

3 Likes

The cars would have been safer if they wore a high viz vest and made eye contact with the driver.

1 Like

My only thought watching the video is that the car must be pretty well balanced to land mostly-flat after launching off of a berm. Parabolic motion plus front-heavy engine weight generally equals a more head-first slam into the ground instead of a landing you can careen wildly away from.

I may watch too much Mythbusters.

2 Likes

The specs I could find for a 2012-ish Toyota Camry SE quote a 54/46 front/rear weight distribution, which isn’t too bad for a FWD vehicle. I suppose that shouldn’t be too surprising, as the transverse 4-cylinder can be tucked pretty far back behind the front wheels and doesn’t weigh all that much.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.