Watch a car accidentally launch off the the road and fly over dozens of autos at a dealership

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/watch-a-car-accidentally-launc.html

3 Likes

What the Florida?!?

13 Likes

Evel Knievel woulda been proud.

13 Likes

Hey, it’s just a good ol’ boy, never meanin’ no harm. Beats all you never saw, been in trouble with the law since the day he was born.

16 Likes

Florida Driver = subset of Florida Man

6 Likes

It’s a good sign at an auto dealership when the cars are flying off the shelves.

10 Likes

Stunt Driver Level: Achieved

6 Likes

Florida’s a hell of a drug.

4 Likes

The first shot cuts off way too soon. I imagine his arms were flying up in a victory pose as he screamed, “Sick jump, bro!”

3 Likes

How the h-e-double-hockey-sticks does a person get “dizzy” enough to jam on the accelerator and manage that kind of feat?

2 Likes

No, it really. If Evel jumped a dozen cars they would have been lined up end to end. To call this jumping a dozen does a disservice to the real stunt drivers like Evel.

A Navigator finally did something good.

2 Likes

I heard there was a sale on.

1 Like

8 out of 10 from the French judge.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Less problematic reboot of The Dukes of Hazzard? I’m here for it.

3 Likes

But it’s Florida, so rest assured it’s going to be at least a little problematic.

1 Like

I’d bet 10 bucks our guy’s a complete novice. Who wouldn’t be impressed?

3 Likes

People have been saying we’d have flying cars by 2020. It’s nice to see the prediction come true.

10 Likes

Florida leads the nation by far in “news of the weird” items. I always thought that’s because Florida, with the extreme wealth inequity created by its mixture of snowbirds and immigrants, is simultaneously in the United States and the Third World. I still think that’s part of the story, but it turns out that Florida is also an outlier in its public-disclosure laws, requiring authorities to release a vast swath of information collected in the course of any investigation (that doesn’t involve billionaire NFL-team owners). That may be beneficial to the public, and may diminish the privacy of people involved in these incidents, but it’s definitely a huge win for YouTube.

4 Likes