Watch a couple ride through the airport in unison while sitting atop their suitcases

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/18/watch-a-couple-ride-through-the-airport-in-unison-while-sitting-atop-their-suitcases.html

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzoD_keIEIJ/

Link appears to be broken.

Also, that DALL-E pic?
What happened to their feet, FFS?

5 Likes

Yes, the current link on the BB article is no longer available.
But I found an Instagram video that fits the description:

14 Likes
9 Likes

Dammit, I can’t find a gif nor video of The Kids in the Hall’s big chair race skit.

5 Likes

Feet? Where we’re going, we don’t need feet!

9 Likes

What happened to their feet, FFS?

That’s not the only WTF aspect of the pic. Lots of legs passing through seatbacks.

4 Likes

Early Dalek prototypes.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Ugh. Good point. Didn’t spot any of that at first glance.

2 Likes

7 Likes

From their expressions, suicide bombers, intent on the afterlife.

Mind you, those wheels will give them trouble.

16 Likes

Smart Rideable Suitcase 26L, Lightweight Electric Luggage Scooter For Travel With Digital Lock, Waterproof And Lightweight (Silver)

4 Likes

Ummm - I assume those cases are battery powered. Isn’t there something about batteries in checked luggage? (??) Given how much case get tossed around with abandon by luggage staff at airports, I’m not sure I’d want a battery case subjected to that.

2 Likes

About ten years ago, I got a battery-powered mobility scooter for my mother. The batteries were detachable, with a carrying case so they could be transported with us. That avoided any potential problems with air or train travel. Maybe this luggage has a similar design.

6 Likes

Maybe - and maybe the batteries are light enough to go as carry-on.

(Though, the mobility scooters I see round here have batteries that anyone needing a mobility scooter - indeed anyone fully fit - is probably not going to find easy to carry around for very long, I suspect.)

I doubt the batteries here are as large and maybe these suitcases only have small batteries with enough power for 30-60 mins of gentle navigation around an airport, which might be all that some people want from them.

1 Like

I got one of these. The batteries were not very heavy, and two were enough to ride around botanical gardens and city center locations for hours. At the end of long days spent sightseeing, I wished for roller skates so Mom could tow me back to the hotel! Similar power should make just riding through an airport a piece of cake.

5 Likes

Ah - yes, one of those. Very lightweight and go in the boot/trunk of a car relatively easily.
I was thinking more like this…

2 Likes

Of course, the alternative isn’t necessarily “pay for an art staff”, it’s as simple as “post an actual photo/still frame of what the article is about”. You know, like they did for many years before suddenly deciding people wouldn’t want to see the thing being discussed (which may actually be true if the article is about Trump, but AI depictions aren’t much better).

1 Like

Agreed. It doesn’t help that I have a viscerally negative reaction to them. I hate to sound like that guy, but it’s true. It’s like I went through a Ludovico Technique treatment.