Watch: A huge robber crab doesn't want to give a man's golf club back, snips it in half

Originally published at: Watch: A huge robber crab doesn't want to give a man's golf club back, snips it in half | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Rdit: The real stuff

24 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2UVel4vORY

14 Likes

And the crab just came out of nowhere, foom!, and grabbed the clubs?

12 Likes

“That’s some beatifull equipment you have there. Would be a shame if anything snap happened to it.”

17 Likes

Watch me dazzle like a diamond in the rough
Strut my stuff, my stuff is so shiny

14 Likes

I thought that catching-a-crab was only a hazard in rowing.

4 Likes

I wonder if that’s covered by the warrantee?

5 Likes

Video starts with with crab up at the top of the golf bag. Apparently crabs can climb trees, so it could be possible for it to climb a golf bag. But I’m always suspicious because so many viral videos are staged.

3 Likes

It couldn’t manage a whole sand wedge?

4 Likes

You do not want to mess with a large crustacean that’s heavy with male jelly.

10 Likes

If it were me, I think I’d carry around one of those little propane torches, and apply some heat to the situation…like dealing with an embedded tick. I wonder if that would be a sufficient deterrent?

2 Likes

You’ll regret it when the crab beats you up and turns the torch on you!

8 Likes

I am sure It was pictured in a Man’s Life Magazine cover.

3 Likes

See, I would have too much fun checking out the crab and hanging out with it. Seems like a nice enough fellow.

However, I don’t know how it could have possibly won when from all descriptions I’ve heard they are very delicious.

2 Likes

“He’s snapped your shaft, mate.”

2 Likes

Definitely a “Let the Wookie Win” moment…

Is this undercover publicity for:

5 Likes

Went on a horseback beach ride in Jamaica, and we saw a 3 foot diameter crab hole near a palm tree. We had absolutely no interest in meeting the homeowner! tophat-wow

4 Likes

That crab meant it when he asked them not to play through.

1 Like

@Carla_Sinclair (and @fiddlingfrog ): got another link for that? It doesn’t say it’s geoblocked, but simply “not available”.

1 Like