Watch a moose join skiers on a fun downhill run (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/08/watch-a-moose-join-skiers-on-a-fun-downhill-run-video.html

8 Likes

Run Away GIF

22 Likes

20 Likes

Everyone: “Moose! Run!”

Moose: “Come on guys, I wanna ski, too! Someone teach me! Have you got skis in my size?”

I’m just saying, that moose is trying to live his best life.

16 Likes

Is that a brown run?

7 Likes

moose-on-the-loose

10 Likes

Obligatory…

12 Likes

Hell’s freakin’ bells! That moose is going to vamoose!

8 Likes

So true. :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

The fact that many moose is moose, but many goose is geese, is why the English language is a pain in the ass, even for a native speaker.

English: where the exceptions outnumber the rules.

3 Likes

The sight of the moose trotting and looking around, rather than running head-down in a panic or rage, is very reassuring. I’d still keep as much distance as I could manage, of course.

3 Likes

I did get around to watching this, it was pretty funny!

2 Likes

“The moosiah, if you will…” :grin:

5 Likes

nathecepmoose

4 Likes

“Moose” is a word derived from a native language, so English rules don’t apply. In Europe I believe they’re called Elk, usually. Unless they bite your sister

10 Likes

8 Likes

Oh yes.

Thank you for sharing the clip again - first time you did, the quote that jumped out to me was definitely “In a country with bears, cougars, and Florida, the most dangerous animal of all is a 10-foot vegan with antlers”

I LOLed for quite a while on that one :rofl:

4 Likes

Damn, I don’t know why I found that so funny, but moosiah killed me. :smile:

2 Likes

Casual Geographic is always doing the lord’s work… bringing together top-notch comedy and critical critter facts!

5 Likes

Thanks for the recommend, always looking for a good video series.

Have you seen Ze Frank’s True Facts about animals series? I find it quite fun.

2 Likes