Watch a suspected thief instantly discouraged by a fun DIY crime deterrent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/11/watch-a-suspected-thief-instan.html

14 Likes

tumblr_1eae0d6861d487265622dc1babf43fbf_dc51c581_640

28 Likes

I’ll just leave these here…

2 Likes

Magnavolt.

17 Likes

John Glover had less than thirty seconds of screen time and he out-acted everyone else in that movie. :star_struck:

8 Likes

Perhaps inspired by the final Breaking Bad episode?

5 Likes

“Hey, look! A Saturn!”

3 Likes

unnamed

15 Likes

For about 10 seconds I thought that might be a good approach to our own local problem (had tools stolen out of the truck parked in the driveway a few times now).

Then I remembered how I come home every day (exactly like the person in the video: by bicycle, passing beside the truck where it sits on the driveway to reach the gate).

8 Likes

9 Likes

Works on cats, too.

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/5346e2cf1c9a4a5997c4e055953b12ab

2 Likes

This guy must have been watching this guy’s YouTube channel as he tried to protect some nesting birds from cats.

6 Likes
7 Likes

You can build up a resistance, but it’s still more unpleasant than water.

z50

13 Likes

HA use muriatic acid the next time

Or at least, one of the brighter colors of Kool-Aid.

2 Likes

I liked the sprinkler’s little “So, there!” isolated spritz at the very end.

5 Likes

Oh I have to do this. These are called Scarecrows and it is the only product that has deterred raccoons who dig for grubs in my yard. I actually like the raccoon, mostly what they do for my garden is a good thing but as the supplies dwindle they start digging for the ones that are huddling around the roots of my pepper plants.

Lots of snoopers on my front porch/yard though.

Expandable foam would work well.

A guy in South Africa came up with this genius defense against car-jacking, which I suppose could also be motion-activated.

1 Like

Gee, what could possibly go wrong with THAT?

I imagine the highway patrol would think that’s a great idea,right?

3 Likes