WATCH: alleged top Scientologists heaping abuse on apostate

Inigo Montoya: Let me explain.
[pause]
Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/marty_rathbun_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

Now if you want details

7 Likes

There’s a certain irony about three people repeatedly saying “No one cares about you.”

21 Likes

No one cares about you. I’m going to prove it by following you around and harassing you and obsessing over how I can make your life miserable.

6 Likes

I’m amazed at how calm the victim remained during the whole encounter: “can you move on please”.
That’s not what I would have said… And I don’t mean that in an internet tough guy kind of way either, I really wish I could keep my cool like that.

3 Likes

Well, they’re trying to keep up the Kirstie Alley look for their female harassers.

Really…they are attempting to initiate a fight there. The guy videographing it was relaxed, they CoS people kept trying to insult and instigate a public fight.

“random” encounter my ass.

3 Likes

exactly. Sounds like the middle school lunch table to these ears.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, as someone who has had insecure people (spiritually bankrupt drunks in my case, as opposed to spiritually bankrupt thetans) try to taunt me into violence, this is very much what it looks like.

edited to add: what fucking creeps

4 Likes

Jesus christ this is some weird shit

Earlier in the week, we noticed that Rathbun had taken a hose to the Squirrel Busters, who continue to do video stand-ups in front of his house. Now, he’s taken things a step further, setting up sprinklers to make the cul-de-sac in front of his house a constant downpour. In the following video, take in the bizarre scene of ponchos and umbrellas under the south Texas sun:

1 Like

He had years of worse harassment by Scientology’s “Squirrel Busters” at his home and everywhere. Plus, he used to be the guy in charge of people like this before he left.

His wife, never a Scientologist, is suing over the harassment, and the case is bouncing its way through the Texas court system. It’s a real battle, with over 20 lawyers representing the various people on Scientology’s side, but all working for David Miscavige, the leader of Scientology.

3 Likes

All three of those people show signs of extreme stress and unhealthy lifestyle. The woman, Jenny Linson-DeVocht, was on Anderson Cooper four years ago, but even allowing for the difference between studio cameras and lighting, and a hand-held phone/camera in an airport, the change is shocking. Compare (>1:39):

2 Likes

Makeup can do amazing things as well - you can see hints of the bags under her eyes in that CNN video.

We’re veering OT here, and especially with commenting on how the only woman in the threesome has aged (probably due to being recently filmed for comparison purposes, but still), but what you’re seeing is dark circles under the eyes being covered up by makeup and then accented strangely because of her glasses. Dark circles can be genetic or due to allergies, they don’t have to be indicative of abuse. And a tendency to develop bags under the eyes can also be genetic. That’s not enough to indicate unhealthy living on its own.

The bat-shit abusive behavior in the airport, on the other hand, is nigh-conclusive proof of unhealthy living, at least psychologically. Could also indicate sleep deprivation (so, we’re back to unhealthy living!).

4 Likes

Just curious:

Isn’t this what restraining orders are made for?

This video should be all the evidence that is necessary to obtain one, or am I missing some essential element?

3 Likes

This is my new morning pep talk!

4 Likes

I commented on her, not because she’s a woman, but because she’s the only one of the three who has recent photos/video to compare to. The other two might have been in leaked Scientology event videos over the years, but those are harder to dig up.

Another comparison would be former executive Mike Rinder, who was pulled out of a Scientology internal prison to handle John Sweeney in the infamous shouting incident, and left right after that. Back then, he looked like a waxy head on a stick compared to after several years out. The two men are very much like Mike Rinder’s before picture.

This is what ‘stand your ground’ laws were made for. Seriously, fill them with lead and send them to meet Xenu. No jury would convict.

No guns in the airports though. That’s probably why they did it there…

It was David!

2 Likes

I left Scientology after 27 years in. Got out in 2001. They have gone completely off the rails…
This vid IS how Scientology Executives talk to people…Here is another video proof.

3 Likes

@RickMycroft I just wanted to stop back into this thread and thank you for the links you posted. They lead to some very interesting reading, the village voice 25 list was absolutely a fascinating read start to end, all 25! :smile:

Wow! I’ve seen a lot of obviously scripted and coached replies in interviews, but these people are coolaid drinkers. holy smokes. it was one of those situtations where i wouldn’t have blamed anderson cooper for saying…blink twice if you are being held against your will…