Watch along as a YouTuber builds V8 powered Tesla

Originally published at: Watch along as a YouTuber builds V8 powered Tesla | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Nice build, looks like it’s going to be a real gas saver too.

6 Likes

Not a fan of this putting a normal engine in an EV thing… I much prefer the opposite concept.

Such as making an electric converted Humvee instead :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Neat project but strange.

5 Likes

If Tesla believes you’re independently fixing a salvage-titled Tesla model, they have the capability to ban the VIN number from their proprietary fast charge network.

Which is exactly why we need one national, publicly owned, non-proprietary charging standard and Tesla needs to be forced to comply. Letting one company control the charging network is going to be a massive shit show, and having seven competing “standards” is bad for everyone.

23 Likes

Oh, I thought he was going to get it to run on a different kind of green energy.

v8-juice

6 Likes

I’m sure it will work out as well as charging cables for phones!

4 Likes

This might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. And I read BoingBoing posts quite often.

4 Likes

Do you have a top ten?

3 Likes

Let me know when someone drops a Tesla powertrain into a '59 Cadillac Eldorado.

2 Likes

Musk is disrupting customer service.

7 Likes

Someone has probably done it by now. It’s much easier these days to do a conversion than it used to be:

6 Likes

Would you settle for a 1950 Jaguar Mark V?

15 Likes

Neato. I watched a little bit of all his videos of this project. I’m never going to prefer a chopped version of a car to a faithful restoration (of the exterior specifically), but it is a pretty cool project!

I guess I would love to see someone produce some select classic car exteriors with modern safety, performance, and comfort features and an electric drive – that are also affordable. I think all of that would require a genie though.

1 Like

I’ve seen strange builds like this before.

Firebirds with wankel engines.

Fiero’s with V8’s.

Bug’s with jet engines.

A pedal driven porsche.

Just to name a few…

Okay, not a '59. Nice flow, though.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

6 Likes

How about this one

A 1961 Corvair upgraded into an off-road recovery vehicle :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t know what safety standards they’ll meet but I love the look of these:

5 Likes

That little pickup truck is just squeeeee…

Estonia is an EU country, and if Nobe wants to sell their cars in the EU they’ll have to meet EU standards. (There are loopholes for ‘microcars’ and the like, but they come with restrictions like top speeds of 15/25 km/h etc. A very nice niche market with very little money in it.)

Edit: wrong word.

4 Likes

Previously:

1 Like