Watch: America is an "out-of-control kid" who needs a mom

Originally published at: Watch: America is an "out-of-control kid" who needs a mom | Boing Boing

10 Likes

The out of control kid also cries and screams when they need to get a shot at the doctor’s office

31 Likes

Meh.

That whole diatribes sounds just like MTG, except for her talking points are different that most people here would agree with.

“I’m right and anyone who disagrees with me is a whiny, out of control baby.” is just folksy authoritarianism.

But hey, maybe if the Democrats get half as tough, they could get something accomplished. But I doubt it.

16 Likes

America = a spoiled-ass brat who is long overdue for boundaries and consequences; sounds about right, regardless to the delivery method.

26 Likes

Is the spanking free or is that extra? :thinking:

9 Likes

… has nuclear weapons.

11 Likes

What we haven’t addressed is when the mom is actually a Karen and feels her offspring “can do no wrong.” I feel we missed a generation…

Who is the one that needs to step in in this case?

where do I vote for that

3 Likes

Oh, man, you have no idea…

10 Likes

In my friend’s experience, it is almost always extra.

8 Likes

Magic: The Gathering? I don’t get it.

4 Likes

Agreed. From the headline I couldn’t tell if this was a liberal or conservative take.

2 Likes
18 Likes

OH god, I wish. I used to like Magic the Gathering.

Marjorie Taylor Greene.

1 Like

America doesn’t need a Mom. That ship has sailed.

This requires a professional…

Mary Poppins

14 Likes

Already has an updated song.

3 Likes

The USA has needed a “time out” for many decades now.

11 Likes

Well, you don’t, because reforming the whole broken system is not on offer.
The people who run America would much rather that you complain about things like the filibuster and voter protections but they have no interest in letting you have a proper say in how their country is run.

1 Like

Well, a majority of Americans voted for a mom in 2016, but because of that Electoral College thang, she didn’t get elected. Instead, we got the crazy, racist uncle. (Just ask his niece; she’ll tell ya.)

12 Likes

Except MTG is a god damn fascists. She literally wants anyone who isn’t a white christian male to have less rights and in some case NO rights at all. She has no political platform and no policies to offerother than destroying those of us who aren’t in “Her” group. That’s NOT the same as creating protections against all varieties of fascism, which is a platform that this woman is proposing.

NO, opposing racism is not just like racism. Opposing transphobia is not just like transphobia. ETc. It’s not against conservatives or Christians or white people or middle American or whoever else they pretend to be. THEY LITERALLY WANT TO CREATE A FASCIST STATE!!! That is their entire goal.

Seriously, can we be done with this both sides bullshit? Please. This is exhausting. YES, actually we DO need to be told that these are necessary changes, because we are hurdling towards failed state status and WE NEED to stop that slide.

Democracy does not mean you get to fuck over the rest of the planet get your way, especially if you are fucking cheating and lying with nothing to offer society while doing so.

18 Likes