Watch an amazing Scooby-Doo-themed monster truck

Originally published at: Watch an amazing Scooby-Doo-themed monster truck | Boing Boing

3 Likes

@01:50…and that cartwheel!

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

12 Likes

There’s a lot of classism in peoples’ entertainment choices, but I strongly encourage anyone who hasn’t been to a monster truck show or a tractor pull to leave your judgement at home and give it a try. They really are a lot of fun and extremely visceral in person. If you have any love of engineering at all, it’s an awesome show. There’s tremendous skill in driving those trucks, too. Their visibility is basically zero (they’re looking straight up in all the critical moments) and despite appearances the trucks are pretty fragile. If you don’t land exactly right it’s game over. They are managing momentum, power, wheel spin, and two separate steering systems. All in all, great fun.

11 Likes

I’m particularly interested to know what the red thing was that fell out of the truck when it flipped.

5 Likes

Probably the driver’s spleen.

8 Likes

If they go upside down, does it go, “Rut-ruh, Raggy!”

6 Likes

I think I saw the driver’s van at the grocery store a few weeks ago.

7 Likes

The license plate! :laughing:

7 Likes

On the back it had one of those silhouette family decals, but it was the whole Mystery Incorporated gang.

7 Likes

We took our son back in the 90’s. It was just plain fun. Definitely worth seeing one in person at least once.

If you’re uncomfortable being seen going to one, take your brother or sister’s family to see one, someone with like 10-year-old nieces or nephews. They can be your beard, as you’re simply being the cool uncle or aunt.

1 Like

That cartwheel at 2:20 - Was that intentional or a just a happy accident?

Cos’ if that was intentional… WOW!

Also, how is it scored? Airtime? Tricks? Or do you have to follow a course?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.