Watch ants colonize a fresh ant farm

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/07/watch-ants-colonize-a-fresh-an.html

4 Likes

Thanks Ants

:triangular_flag_on_post: THANTS!

Source: Video posted on YouTube by user James Beard on 2009 09 27 from Look Around You, module 3 (in order of transmission) Water, s1,ep3, c2002 by Robert Popper and Peter Serafinowicz. Please insure you have your copy book at hand … : )

8 Likes

Must be Michael Ellis week…

1 Like

This is part of refining the ant-colony component of the "Hex" computer, is it? (gawds bless Terry Pratchett!) This does appear to be ‘rack mountable’

5 Likes

++???++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

4 Likes

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

I’d like to remind them that, as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others, to toil in their underground sugar caves.

5 Likes

I’m curious if anybody else sees this or if it’s a video artifact: watching the “white sand” video, it almost looked like there was a pulse a couple times a second–larger numbers of ants in and at the ends of the tunnels alternating with smaller numbers. Am I just seeing things?

Now, sand is one thing. What if that was ALL sugar?
Do ants build tunnels in something they can eat?

What I want to know is which are the drummer ants and which are the string section ants?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.