Watch: Arizona State Rep. Joseph Chaplik asks why no one was talking about masks during the AIDS epidemic

Someone needs to send Chaplik this clarifying PSA:

Also, from a few months ago, but an interesting read. Yay for toxic (literally) masculinity! /s (it doesn’t explain all the female mask-holes.)

26 Likes

why no one was talking about masks during the AIDS epidemic?

the correct answer to this question is You are an asshole.

8 Likes

Utah is the Iran of the Southwest.

6 Likes

I remember back then when scientists speculated that at least the virus didn’t spread via respiratory secretions and that if it had, the human race would be seriously threatened as to its very existence.

4 Likes

In some Central and South American countries where there’s a culture of machismo the governments knew they had to get ahead of things early in the pandemic. They put out PSAs and street advertising to counter the possible perception that masking was “unmanly”.

7 Likes

I’d like to encourage this fine gentleman to wear an airtight latex mask (they helped during the AIDS epidemic eh?).

If he puts it on his face, well, problem solved.
If he puts it over the traditional bit of anatomy, well at least he’s not passing on his genes…

7 Likes

Every day I just can’t get over how stupid people can be.

12 Likes

When people complain about not being able to breathe through their mask I suggest advising them they need to stop making them from dry cleaning bags.

10 Likes

I think they should censure Joseph Chaplik…omg the names…for coming out his lungs in public like that.

5 Likes

Well if you won’t wear a mask will you at least wear a condom? Gotta put an end to that line.

4 Likes

Abandoning whatever I was gonna say. Though in response to Rep Chaplik’s comment I might precede that line with “Yo, dick face!”

1 Like

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

5 Likes

That part isn’t going to happen.

5 Likes

Meanwhile in Canada…

5 Likes

Best to cover both bases to be sure.

8 Likes

People on the right love to talk about the left wing politicians who are in a secret cult of pedophiles. Why is no one on the left talking about right wing politicians who are in the secret cult of being beaten over the head with a 2x4 into unconsciousness for 7 days straight? Because that’s clearly a thing.

4 Likes

It’sa sad story, but the quality of education there never really recovered after the massacre.

17 Likes

WTF?
What massacre?!?!
I remember Kent State, but Bowling Green? When did this happen? Gawdamn I must be getting old…

Then Wikipedia reveals it to be a bit of psyops/mis/disinfo by Kellyanne Conway…
So much bullshit in the previous regime, this one somehow escaped my notice. Or got drowned out.
Whatever.

Touche’, Purplecat.

EDIT: tyop

10 Likes

They walk among us… those who vote for this ilk… who also walk among us.

1 Like

In the words of the immortal Bugs Bunny, “What a maroon.”
It does seem to be compulsory for right wing Republicans to pontificate at length on subjects they know nothing about.