Watch as an anti-masker takes a stand on Disneyland's 'Mr. Toad's Wild Ride'

I think you’re onto something there. :wink:

12 Likes

Missouri - it’s oozing north™.

6 Likes

As I recall Evanston had a BLM rally a while back, that went totally fine without issues.

10 Likes

Compliance is pretty good here in Waukegan as well, although not quite at 100%. Luckily most people just take a reminder and they’re good. I use the Hinkston Park Field house’s indoor track at least twice a week and wasn’t sure if I could get used to running wearing a mask, but it wasn’t as much of an adjustment as I was expecting. I’m also glad to see that most people there are also masked.

I live in Wisconsin, not Illinois, but working here, I keep wishing my state would go back to having a mask mandate, but we’re infested with GQP that keep blocking that.

7 Likes

Yeah - that was my only thought watching that, those poor kids.

3 Likes

:notes:
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
everyone wears a mask
and if you want some social distance
all you have to do is ask…

20 Likes

In the big rock candy mountains,
There’s a land that’s bright and fair,
Sanitizer flows like tree sap,
And dick noses are quite rare.

Where the ERs are mostly empty,
And anyone can get care,
And friend and foe
All truly know

Not to get a vaccine
Is quite obscene,
In the big rock candy mountains.

20 Likes

Mr Toad’s Wild Ride ends in a toad orgy?

4 Likes

Different novel.

14 Likes

Why you wanna ruin my childhood like that? :wink:

12 Likes

[ETA: I was pleased to learn that Mr Lobel was gay, and his Frog and Toad books were his gentle way of educating the masses that it’s okay :smiley: ]

13 Likes

[Found both images in early March '21]

20 Likes

Now THAT is just perfect…

Little Rascals Awww GIF

8 Likes

:smiley: Made me feel just like the kid in the gif :smiley:

7 Likes

Exactly!

6 Likes

2 Likes

Masking up properly is pretty much the default in Ann Arbor, MI, too.

@awfulhorrid: I’ve been playing ice hockey while wearing a mask since September. I have to swap it out each period because they get saturated, but my lung capacity has definitely improved. This is at the public indoor rink. The private indoor rink isn’t requiring masks, so I’m assuming they don’t require my business until the pandemic is over. :thinking:

10 Likes

9 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah, I live in southern MN and you wouldn’t have any clue there is, has been, or ever will be a pandemic. Last trip shopping every store I visited had even removed the plastic barriers between the cashiers and customers. Only place that hadn’t was the Chinese Restaurant.

3 Likes