Watch: Car cruises through flooding storm as if it's no big deal

That’s also a hell of an incline! Not even close to the video.

That would be my one concern in the original video, hopefully there was a substantial seawall or the storm had only just begun.

Factors are the displacement to weight ratio of that particular vehicle, (one of the lightest cars there is), combined with the fact that it has no payload - for the driver to have risk, the driver must also be present! (From the apparent weight distribution when it floats it appears that they even emptied the gas tank).

Or perhaps an overly blase’ attitude from growing up with them. I’ve seen cars washed away, watched bridges collapse, helped rescue people, and spent many long nights walking ahead of vehicles with a staff probing the road for outages.

From your own experience though, which is surely even greater than mine and certainly has involved dealing with a far greater number of ignorant folks, I assume you’re exagerating the issues a wee bit as a measure of safety for those who might be reading this thread with no clue. As a non-S&R person I didn’t consider that some inaccuracy might be of benefit, so my hat is off to you for taking the bigger picture into account!

Okay, I officially take back everything I posted elsewhere in this thread that gave her the benefit of the doubt, she’s a fucking idiot and lucky to boot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.