Watch: Coca-Cola lost $4 billion after this simple act by soccer's Cristiano Ronaldo

dasani

4 Likes

Obey your thirst.

I applaud him for telling corporate sponsors to fuck off. Now when is he getting fined for it? You don’t diss corporations at the presser and get away with it, do you? Oh, you mean refusing to show up for the corporate/fan dipshittery is what you get a fine for? Good to know.

I don’t loathe many things the way I loathe professional sports these days. Just shitty from top to bottom, representative of all that is terrible about corporate control. Love sports if you want, but they are greedy pigs sucking off the fans while scooping up billions in tax abatements and stadium funding that could be better put to use providing for citizens directly.

3 Likes

No they don’t; look how many people voted Repug to have The Grifter for a second term. Unless you’re talking about their values being poorer, less healthy or dead.

I too prefer Pepsi.

3 Likes

Efficient, rational, liberal economies.
/s

1 Like

For a second I read that as Tommy Wiseau just logged onto Minecraft. I would pay to watch that.

2 Likes

So does Mike from the Suicidal Tendencies. It didn’t work out too well for him.

2 Likes

you would think coke doesn’t want an accused rapist that governments refuse to prosecute drinking it.

In fact, some smart investors should buy at this artificial dip as the stock will undoubtedly bounce back.

Not to mention speculating about the underlying causes of 1.6% shift in price is at best going to be a spurious correlation.

We mock spurious correlations, right?

1 Like

You know I looked into this a bit (also check my math), It also looks like the company declared it’s ex-date on the 14th and that is much more likely the reason for the drop. People paid a premium on Friday to qualify for those dividends, then the price dropped because buying after that wouldn’t pay out the 42 cent dividend until next time around.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/ko/dividend-history

Euro 2020: Uefa warns teams could be fined if they move drinks at news conferences

1 Like

I’m thinking Christian Ronaldo has enough under his couch cushions to pay whatever they fine him.

2 Likes

Dasani isn’t a thing in Europe. @RadioSilence put up a video by Tom Scott explaining why.

I remember the short period when Dasani was on sale in the UK, because I got one free when I was travelling back to Carlisle from a hospital appointment in London. Coca Cola were desperate at that point but it was already too late for them.

2 Likes

A real example of the Clark Gable’s effect?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.