Watch: Cute old mom invites family to dinner on Ring after son ignored her phone calls

Originally published at: Watch: Cute old mom invites family to dinner on Ring after son ignored her phone calls | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Who ignores phone calls from their mother? :cry:

23 Likes

That was so sweet. I wish I could be invited to a taco night.

18 Likes

I can think of any number of reasons why he would be ignoring his mom.

9 Likes

Yer be wilkom henny tyme. Wer be makin’ de pulled børk børk børk…

12 Likes

Don’t get me started…

6 Likes

Saturday is Taco Night around here too! If you are in the area of Joshua Tree, come on by for home made carnitas tacos, rice and beans. BTW: Her Mom Level just went to Boss.

13 Likes

Potentially the sort of person whose mother shows up at their door if they dare let a call go to voicemail for whatever reason.

6 Likes

People who have set boundaries with their relatives that are not being respected?

8 Likes

what’s the address? I love me some taco night

4 Likes

To be fair, it was Taco Night. She had good reason.

1 Like

Not quite what I was hoping for, but I’ll take it.

2 Likes

Love the mom figuring out how to access his tech inbox. In person vlogging.

1 Like

Don’t be so quick to judge. There could be a million backstories that would validate why someone felt their life was better without regular contact with their mum.

In my opinion, the lack of empathy towards people who, for some reason or another, have decided to cut down on contact with their parents represents one of society’s last taboos.

6 Likes

OK I’ll pop over, thanks…

Shall I bring some wine or edibles?

1 Like

You’re all going to regret every second you didn’t spend with her when she’s gone. It happens quicker than you think.

I was often “annoyed” with my mom wanting to talk all the time. Now she’s been gone for three years and it still hurts to think about every time I didn’t talk to her when I could have.

2 Likes

I know the occasion…
but then everybody wants to
so go ahead…

depends what you have in your taco bag…

omg this one gets better and better

1 Like

Be careful with telling everyone that. Some us did actually have abusive parents. It’s really alienating that every one assumes that problems with parents are always just little things.

My partner and I both really struggle with people making those assumptions all the time.

And yes I still love my mom, I’m going to call her today, and my partner still loves and misses his deceased mother but it’s really complicated.

I had nightmares about my mom into my 30’s. It’s better now but we still need real boundaries.

13 Likes