Watch David Byrne sing David Bowie's "Heroes" with beautiful, massive backup choir (video)

Originally published at: Watch David Byrne sing David Bowie's "Heroes" with beautiful, massive backup choir (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Guess I never really paid very close attention because up until this moment I thought David Bowie and David Byrne were the same person. 2 different people?? Who knew.

5 Likes

Possibly Iman and Duncan Jones. That’s about it.

6 Likes

That is nice. It is good to see David Byrne and a bunch of people having fun.

7 Likes

I got to go to one Choir Choir Choir thing when I was in TO. Tagged along with someone who’d been to a few. It was a great group.

Also: I would love an album of Bowie covers sung by Byrne and a choir.

6 Likes

Imagine their touring budget. All those people! :wink:

3 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, their line up is almost half that of Earth Wind and Fire :smile:

@leicester That’s a great cover version; with the added link that both lead singers flirted with Nazism.

Apropos of nothing, this paragraph from the Phil Taylor wikipedia page got me chuckling. It is just so perfectly shambolic and working-class for the Motorhead origin story.

Born on 21 September 1954, in Hasland, Derbyshire, Taylor grew up in Leeds, Yorkshire. He took drum lessons at Leeds College of Music on advice from his father. After meeting Lemmy, who was a fellow speed user, he joined Motörhead and replaced Lucas Fox during the recording of the band’s first album On Parole in 1975. Lemmy has said that Fox wasn’t working out and Taylor “had a car and could give us a lift back down to the studio”. Taylor, in turn, introduced Lemmy to guitarist “Fast” Eddie Clarke, having worked with him while painting a houseboat.

4 Likes

Most Awesome.

Still, Gabriel’s version = astounding

But definitely the best use of the song outside of Bowie is Jojo Rabit

5 Likes

Amen.

1 Like

Deja-Vu

1 Like

That’s so funny; in that post I’m lamenting I hadn’t made it to Choir Choir Choir yet! So I guess I went some time in 2018, since I left Canada the next year. Ticked that one off the list.

2 Likes

Beautiful.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.