Watch: Distracted SUV driver allegedly on phone runs right over a moving Corvette

Originally published at: Watch: Distracted SUV driver allegedly on phone runs right over a moving Corvette | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Wedge meet block.

winona-ryder-confused

19 Likes

Dang! Good to see the corvette’s driver wasn’t hurt.

4 Likes

Even my only modestly lowered sports sedan would fit comletely under some of the lifted pickup trucks around here without touching. Maybe not lengthwise, but perpendicularly for sure.

6 Likes

“Dudes! they executed my 'vette!”

5 Likes

She was really phoning it in with her attention on the road…

3 Likes

Was this an audition for a Bond movie? (Videos are all teed up for you at the perfect moment.)

9 Likes

Reach complete enlightenment, and quickly, fuckwit.

3 Likes

I’m afraid I would express my displeasure in a very visible manner. There for a minute I was hoping the ford might roll on it’s side. That driver should lose their license for a good long period of time and the vette would get the most top dollar restoration available even if it’s not one of the highest sought out models.

7 Likes

Mass momentum in action. They were both moving at impact time, but only one kept moving.

Joe Trohman Question GIF by Fall Out Boy

Corvette stopped before the impact.

12 Likes

I’m fascinated by the possible level of obliviousness for someone to end up at that angle and think the best thing to do is just keep driving.

11 Likes

I’m impressed by how much of that corvette there was left afterwards.

12 Likes

Hey. Give the the SUV driver some credit. At least he stopped!

1 Like

People often talk about the dangers of Teslas on autopilot. But how does that compare to humans who are on autopilot?

13 Likes

The driver is probably used to going over curbs and such, and didn’t think anything of it.

3 Likes

I call bullshit. This has to be staged

1. Tesla’s “autopilot” isn’t one.
2. It will hand full control of the vehicle to the driver when a crash is imminent.

So to answer your queation: their statistics look fantastic.

2 Likes

Big truck

6 Likes

I’d like to believe that this is all part of a clever music video for Yuppie Cadillac, where the two vehicular protagonists are juxtaposed; but I’m going with ‘just a tiny crumb of today’s reckless negligence’ on plausibility grounds.