Watch: Distracted SUV driver allegedly on phone runs right over a moving Corvette

Now picture what would have happened if, instead of a Corvette, it had been a child in the road while Phone Lady was busy catching her friend up on the latest goss.

“-- and then I said to him … oof … no, nothing, I think I just ran over a speed bump or something, you know how these suburban neighborhoods are, they’re everywhere … anyway, I said to him, I said …”

4 Likes

“Being big, brave, secure, and overtly threatening aren’t my core competencies; so that’s what I’m looking for in a mobility solution…”

I always wonder if the guys who drive somewhat downmarket Hiluxes; but let the DShK mounted in the back do the talking, just laugh and laugh at the whole genre of compensator-class pickups.

1 Like

The video is showing the action at half-speed, though. At normal speed, it’s clear both that the accident is more sudden and that the entire scenario (street layout, other vehicles blocking visibility) is contributing to the accident.

1 Like

That means that were driving too fast. The corvette also drove too fast and pushed too far forward too quickly. The person who parked on the corner is also at fault for being an idiot.

Jeremy Clarkson (professional arse) - the person in this picture - is over 6 feet tall.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 14.36.22

2 Likes

“Compensator-class pickups.” Oh yes I’ll be stealing that.

SUV has no front plate, which is required in many states, including California. Neither driver signaled their turns.

Far too many drivers routinely cut turns too sharp or wide. There are a couple intersections in my immediate neighborhood where I frequently encounter oncoming vehicles as they complete their poorly executed turns.

Do Corvettes have roll cages? It did remarkably well holding up the SUV on that window pillar.

2 Likes

that will buff right out

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.