Watch Dolly Parton's classy responses to Barbara Walters' subtly insulting questions (1977)

Another famous quote of Dolly’s is something like “It costs a lot of money to look this cheap.”

19 Likes

We love her in West Asheville!

And a more recent shot:

34 Likes

That’s a great mural :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Bless Barbara’s heart.

11 Likes

Well, I do declare! Is there any need for such language?

10 Likes

When Walters asks her about her breasts she uses her assistant as a shield for a question she, quite obviously, knows is uncouth. Lame.

14 Likes

It really is amazing. Makes me smile every time I walk past it. Some of the street art in Asheville is downright strange, but the Dolly/Ru-Dolly wall attracts tourists. Once I was eating across the street when a very large bridal party, all wearing Dolly wigs and tight blue jeans, pulled up for 15-20 minutes of a photo session. Wild.

15 Likes

It pisses off Betty at the Celtic Way!

17 Likes

Score!

12 Likes

That woman… is she still alive? I know she’s getting up there in years, but it seems like her pure hatred of the Irish is keeping her alive…

11 Likes

Not to take away from Dolly at all, but God bless Cheri Oteri.

10 Likes

well put!

6 Likes

A note on TripAdvisor from June 2021 says she passed, so … maybe not? But some folks are too mean to die. Google still lists hours, but that might be autopilot. I don’t go downtown much, so it might be a bit before I can confirm.

8 Likes

Roy Cohn’s ex beard

3 Likes

This is all I can find on it…

If you do happen to find out, let me know…

5 Likes

Will do

4 Likes

Well, one of the reviews I read stated that they were chased out of the store and asked “What are you doing all the way down here in North Carolina with those masks on?" while (a very few) others relate that she talked their ear off for over an hour relating her life story.

Not a good combination in 2021.

8 Likes

Whaaaaaat!?! Holy crap, you’re right. You know, for someone I hadn’t heard of before 2016, he’s suffused throughout American culture in a profound way.

ETA proof:

6 Likes

There was a biography of the guy turned into a made for HBO film in the early 90’s starring James Woods called Citizen Cohn. It was in the book but left out of the movie.

4 Likes

Wasn’t Angels in America largely about him, too? I never got around to seeing it.

Also, James Woods playing Roy Cohn? How appropriate. I bet it was a dream project for him.

4 Likes