WATCH: Elizabeth Warren rescues Planned Parenthood, excoriates misogynist GOP creeps

You’re confusing-- or at least oversimplifying – cause and effect. If Dems were as obviously different from Repubs as they should be, there’d be far fewer apathetic voters.

3 Likes

Elizabeth Warren is a National Treasure and a bulldog on issues! God bless her!

8 Likes

As Stephen Colbert once said, Americans respond to certainty. You could be dead wrong, but all that matters is that you’re sure you’re right. And liberals are cursed with acknowledging they could be wrong.

12 Likes

Via: Imgur

29 Likes

She is an example of why I vote the Democratic ticket. She’s real and she cares about people. The only thing I would have liked better is if she had gone around the chamber a bitch-slapped a bunch of those lowlife cowards…both republicans and imitation democrats

7 Likes

I think the distinguishing factor is that she openly gives fucks in integers greater than one.

Al Franken is similar. I’d vote for his presidential run. But like bearguy up above says, if Franken feels the Senate is where he needs to be, he’s probably right.

7 Likes

Bernie Sanders
Elizabeth Warren

*I’ll swap that around if she decides to run herself.

9 Likes

Except that the GOP believes in it because, pork barrel for defense contractors and continue to destabilise the Middle East while protecting its rulers who pretend to agree with the US. Does propping up the Saudi regime and trying to prevent Iran from developing really suit US, as distinct from GOP funder, interests?
Eventually there will be a revolution in Saudi just as there was in Iran. Bad news for the Middle East, good news for Lockheed Martin and probably Halliburton.

7 Likes

It’s pretty much impossible to effectively communicate or compromise with people who’s goal is “kill women”, unless you want to be an evil asshole yourself.

8 Likes

Can we vote to defund red states?

11 Likes

I really like Elizabeth Warren. However, I think that those who support abortion need to recognize that the videos that have been coming out are damning and polarizing.

Of course the so-called “pro-lifers” want to keep the focus on the sweet little babies. And those who want to keep abortion legal want to focus on the adult women whose lives are affected.

I started thinking about how people pretend to talk about one thing in order to make it not possible to really have a conversation. I started thinking about how, if the so called pro-life people cared about little babies so much they’d be pushing for male contraception research. They’d be creating charities that focus on getting white people to adopt black babies.

But they aren’t doing that. They are focusing on babies and punishing women who aren’t ready to be parents.

Still, we need to have a real conversation somehow.

I like what she said, but I’d like to see an actual discussion instead of grandstanding.

9 Likes

Except for that certain liberal, Elizabeth Warren. Whose certainty gains her fans among…liberals.

Hmmmmm…

3 Likes

I nod my head at that and think about how this isn’t an issue with two “sides” that need to come together but a lot of individuals with a wide range of opinions and feelings, and who could, I hope, mostly come together even if there are always going to be some who will never budge, who will never listen, who will never stop screaming at each other.

Then I go back and reread what @crenquis shared above and I wonder how that could ever happen if those who I hope are the minority still have so much time, not to mention so much money, that they’re willing to devote to dominating the conversation.

4 Likes

It couldn’t be more clear: money. In the present system, all successful politicians must be money-monkeys most of their time. Getting principled public servants out of a fundamentally corrupt and antidemocratic system is predictably rare. If we want more Warren’s, we need to rally around Lessig’s plan to get money of out of politics. Otherwise, the game will always be rigged.

8 Likes

and I think that a lot of people who support abortion rights do believe that the anti-abortion crowd has the moral high ground, which is why these videos are having such an impact.

Yes, I feel like I do not have the strength to fight the nastiness of the anti-abortion group. They seem very energized, filled and uplifted by venom, and I just don’t know how there is middle ground there, but there must be somewhere.

3 Likes

Citizens United has to be repealed.
None of these republican toads care about abortion or gay marriage or any of that. They don’t care if PP stays or fails, either. If one of them had a daughter that got knocked up and she said “daddy, it’s got to go!” she’d be on the table before the day was out.
The wheelbarrows full of money are all they care about.

5 Likes

I will never understand how a right winger can justify their own “freedom” to own a lethal and deadly weapon claiming protection through the second amendment; and yet also then justify removing another person’s personal freedom on what to do with their own body.

It baffles the mind.

9 Likes

I was discussing this with a woman and we actually both agreed…the most egregious thing is that these women are having their DNA sold without consent or knowledge and perhaps without compensation!

Neither of us had an issue with the idea of using fetal cells for research; more that it was being done without knowledge and consent.

1 Like

Like Henrietta Lacks.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s very upsetting, but your heart has to be hard to not find it difficult to hear the details of abortion procedures done when women are in their second or third trimester. The right has been exploiting this for many years, but late term abortions not done nearly as frequently as first trimester abortions and there are more restrictions on performing them in the law.