Watch excited rescue dog's sheer joy when her new parents take her to the beach (video)

Originally published at: Watch excited rescue dog's sheer joy when her new parents take her to the beach (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

At one time greyhounds were destroyed when they couldn’t race or breed. The folks discovered that they made excellent pets and adopted them. (Very mellow and gentle until something small runs) Now the race folks are charging big dollars.

6 Likes

I would be scared that the dog would just keep running. Fenton! Not sure I would be comfortable just letting the dog loose for the first time in an open area. But at least they did it in an area without any other animals or people.

8 Likes

As someone who had to put his dog to sleep last week, this made me very happy.

14 Likes

In Dog Heaven, there’s always room to run.

white house dogs GIF by Obama

16 Likes

I’m so sorry; I lost my girl not quite 3 months ago and I miss her everyday.

11 Likes

Dog, “I am Doggie Allen; the fastest dog alive!”

I love how the pooch vanishes out of shot and then reappears about a quarter of a mile away.

Room to Zoom!

14 Likes

My Tiger Lily loved the beach. The first time she saw it, she ran around like crazy then lay right down in the surf.

Miss that girl.

13 Likes

Gotta Run In Every Direction At Once

10 Likes

Another rescue greyhound… now happy!

5 Likes

They finally received an email from her. She’s stuck in Ibiza and needs money.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s right.

2 Likes

I am 100% sure it’s a whippet not a greyhound. Either way, it’s joyful.

3 Likes

Quite possibly!

Bonus puppy pics: Greyhound (left); Whippet (right)

5 Likes

8 Likes

The fact that she kept coming back and checking on Dad and where he was is so sweet. I had a rescue Greyhound. Once they get that first burst of energy out, they’re very quiet and just love to sit on their bed with a toy and watch the goings on.

7 Likes

Ah, the age-old tale, of the Greyhound and the Sea. :hugs:

9 Likes

I never realized how interesting the history of the greyhound was…

4 Likes

This topic showed up in Feedly in this order; edited to show what my brain saw…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.