Watch: Explosive fist fight on plane between passengers going from Narita to LAX

Air Nippon is one of the better ones I have seen. Thats mostly a trend in American airlines.

1 Like

As if flights back to the US aren’t exhausting enough… :unamused:

Maybe the guy was dreading his arrival into LAX so he put himself into a drunken stupor. /s

(While I despise LAX, this guy was a major asshole and even the dread of being in that airport does not justify his behavior)

1 Like

if this kills free booze on international flights that’s going to be a tragedy we cannot endure

3 Likes

If this was an American airline, I’d say it was that packing people in and treating them like dirt has finally reached the point where a significant proportion of people are lashing out under the stress.

However, it was a Japanese airline, so I’ll fall back on observing that many American tourists should not be allowed to have access to alcohol.

5 Likes

I was recently on a similar flight from Tokyo to LAX and the flight was quite comfortable even though I am a fatter individual! My Southwest flight was the cramped one. I had booked through JAL and the codeshare was with American. I’d say this had more to do with him being drunk.

That is definitely an issue, yes, except in this particular case they’d only just boarded and the plane hadn’t even taken off.

Doesn’t help this guy was drunk. Expect sobriety checks before boarding.

1 Like

Anyone remember this guy?

"When a concerned flight attendant refused to give him another glass of wine, Finneran took charge of the situation and began serving himself drinks from the beverage cart. When informed that it was against regulations for passengers to get their own drinks, an infuriated Finneran told the flight attendant that he was going to “bust [his] ass.”

When the threat failed to achieve Finneran’s desired result, he resorted to plan B: going berserk, terrifying passengers, knocking over crew members, and then grabbing drinks and pouring them over his body. He topped off the show with an educational demonstration of primate dominance, by clambering onto the beverage cart that had been placed off-limits to him and evacuating his bowels on it, using the first-class linen napkins (and his fingers) to wipe his hindquarters. According to the criminal complaint filed against him, this captain of industry then proceeded to clean his fingers by walking up and down the aisles, “track[ing] feces throughout the aircraft.”

7 Likes

Ugh. Best reminder ever that commercial flight means being stuck with strangers in an inescapable tube.

7 Likes

I dunno, I thought LAX was OK, but I’ve only been there for layovers on red eye flights.

Biggest issue is that the bar is pretty expensive. (And of course red eye flights suck your soul)

Too true.

2 Likes

I’m well over six feet tall. I need all the leg room I can get. However, I’ve never used one of these gadgets, or even really wanted to. I also don’t recline my seat because I don’t want the person in front of me reclining theirs.

1 Like
1 Like

What’s likewise odd is the guy in the t-shirt is getting the best of the guy in the Hawaiian shirt in ever single engagement. Defend, defend, boom! And then he keeps coming back for it.

1 Like

I think it’s high time Japan closes its borders to US terrorists. Temporarily. Just until we figure out what the hell is going on.

10 Likes

The large company I worked for in Japan had this scheme, X paid days off regardless of whether they were used for vacation time or sick leave. Of course nobody used them all. Well, almost no one. I developed a number of ailments owing to stress and poor air quality causing me to exhaust my supply of time off. And then the next day I got sick, I got a call from my boss saying I had to come to work regardless. I apologetically declined … no doubt causing the first recorded instance of this 50,000-strong company having to dock someone’s pay.

1 Like

damn…i’ve just booked an ANA flight to Narita…

alcohol, the poison of babylon

1 Like

Not sure why you call it a scheme as if there is a negative connotation. Everyone in our company universally likes this better. We are allowed to also carry over 5 unused days each year.

Anyone who has an extended illness is encouraged to use FMLA (unpaid) time or STD/LTD (80% pay) time. That way they are compensated and their position is held.

As much of a drinking culture as Japan has, I’ve never even seen salarymen drinking to really get shithoused. That is the provenance of us Americans. Also Australians.

1 Like

I suggest sleeping gas in the cabin: no fights, you can “volunteer” passengers without hassle, and everyone rests during the trip. You could actually pile everyone up and make more money on each flight. Also, less catering.

1 Like