Watch four tires get changed in less than two seconds

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/13/watch-four-tires-get-changed-i.html

Content is apparently blocked.

It’s watchable on Youtube though.

Video unavailable
/
This video contains content from Formula One Management, who has blocked it from display on this website or application.

Because they know you’re all a bunch of libtards.

Damn that’s fast. Why the heck can’t I get this quick of service at my tire store?

I get it, so the cars going around the track are just to support the actual race in the pits?

at least the racing in the pits has been somewhat exciting for the past half-decade.

@Noddy93 haha, Haas’ pit stops make for very exciting racing

@SeamusBellamy you need these guys to work on your tires.

These new LEGO tires have really changed the game.

I feel like a 48-second video of a 2-second pit stop should have had room to squeeze in a slow-mo replay.

Lego makes more tires than any other company in the world…

Company Tires produced (2011)
Lego 318 million
Bridgestone 190 million
Michelin 184 million
Goodyear 181 million

I’ve seen it done faster…

Its just one tire being changed, by each of four teams. If they had a smaller number of tires to change, it would have taken the same time.

Not only that, but Ferrari needed 3 people per tire to pull it off. Guido did all four tires in less time all by himself.

Team Guido!

EDIT: Sadly I just found out that Guido does four tire changes in 2.5 seconds, so technically slower. But still faster on a tire-per-changer basis. Still team Guido!

If anyone really wants to know more about how this is done then this is worth seeking out. I dare say there were slo-mo replays aplenty, but it 's been a while since I saw it. Sadly most of those outside UK may not get to it. But bits may be on YouTube (?)

FYI, Williams (featured in this programme) were for quite a while the acknowledged masters of the pit stop. For Guy to be trusted to work in a crew as part of a live race should not be underestimated.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.