WATCH: Fox News hosts say coronavirus is fake news, then change their tune

7 Likes

One of the funny things about the Nuremberg Trials is that, for all their flaws, they replaced grimmer plans. The British wanted to summarily execute high-ranking Nazis after the war; perhaps thousands of people. […] The Soviets talked us out of it.

More like the Americans talked us out of it. To give credit to the Soviets – perpetrators of the Katyn Massacre, who eventually killed half a million German POWs in forced labor after the war was over – is perverse.

3 Likes

Perhaps the only reason to be glad that Trump is president is that he might be the only person who could impose draconian public health measures to control the spread of the disease without having every conservative in the nation go completely ballistic. Can you imagine what would happen if Hillary Clinton issued a nationwide ‘shelter-in-place’ order? Fox News would be calling for regime change instanter, and our insufficiently-medicated militias would be marching on Washington, black rifles in hand.

Whereas if the medical establishment does manage to persuade Trump that an across-the-board shutdown is unavoidable, he could actually give the order and have most of his supporters declare it was good and necessary. Not all: some are at least intellectually consistent enough that they’d see the presidential fiat as a sign of creeping tyranny and rush to their bunkers. A majority, however, would just point the bills of their MAGA hats in the new direction and go along with whatever the Big Orange ordered. Sometimes a cult of personality does have its advantages.

2 Likes

Naah. Orwell did not have 24-hour Fox News. Two Minutes Hate was plenty back then. Good times.

6 Likes

+1 for bringing vomit into the discussion. Thinking about vomit helps dilute more repulsive thoughts, like anything related to Trump.

5 Likes

Not run by the state.
Run by the ones that run the state.

3 Likes

I feel so lucky this has rolled out over my birthday. I’ll frost next year’s cake with his quote from the day, “we’re ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
WTF???

5 Likes

And perhaps massive lawsuits against FOX for spreading disinformation that exacerbated a pandemic leading to additional loss of life and livelihood.

1 Like

The “only Nixon can go to China” principle.

The downside of Trump doing the right thing (eventually) is that his success at handling the outbreak could be rewarded.

https://twitter.com/Elazul/status/1240336651928236032

2 Likes

Fox News is a round the clock daily hate

The GOP doth project too much, methinks.

1 Like

“This could help our country as a nation.”

If a vaccine comes from China, expect another about-face.

8 Likes

like he can see himself in a mirror

1 Like

Me too! Fox News has issues, but how did we get to the bit about killing Nazis?!?

My grocery store is out of humble pie and crow.

1 Like

They just have to look good, they don’t have to be clear.

1 Like

Reactivity is a mask for emotions we refuse to process healthfully. Rage is a mask for fear.

It’s no coincidence that Fox viewers skew older; their generation was taught a warped version of emotional “restraint” coupled with a generational shift to utter selfishness masquerading as personal freedom. They have a lot to be afraid of and it manifests as rage.

And yes, I realize that I’m painting an entire generation with a broad brush and there is much variation at the individual level, but nearly everything we’ve seen this generation do once they started governing bears this out.

7 Likes

Did Dr. Drew ever walk back his comments? (Granted, he didn’t say that it was a hoax, but that the media are panicking). (I had not seen the name “Rob Schneider” lately, but am not surprised that when I saw it again, it was in this context.)

I’ve also heard of it (the virus, not the “panic”) being attributed to the efforts of George Soros.

4 Likes

Isn’t that what we want them to do?

1 Like