Watch George Michael and Morrissey discuss breakdancing and Joy Division

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/30/watch-george-michael-and-morri.html

1 Like

I know that we live in an uncaring, godless world, because George Michael is gone and Morrissey will be with us forever.

8 Likes

It doesn’t get more 80s than that.

4 Likes

Morrissey seems insufferable. I like his music though. Of the three panelists, I think I’d enjoy hanging out with the DJ the most.

2 Likes

I’ve never really watched any Morrissey interviews or anything before this (although I’ve read stuff that makes me assume I would think he was a jerk), and I am only halfway through this, but in this at any rate I don’t think there’s anything wrong with him here. Quite like him actually in comparison to George Michael and the DJ, especially when they ask him about Breakin and he says he found the movie repellent - George is a little bit too polite on the issue. Also looking at the clips from the movie is funny because sometimes you see stuff from when you were young and you think huh, it wasn’t that bad, but then you see stuff like this and you think god I was sooooo right to hate that shit.

1 Like

Would’ve thought hanging…the DJ would’ve made you more of a Morrissey fan.
I’ll get me coat.

7 Likes

this one doesn’t have any blood on him or anything.

2 Likes

For a program that is pop stars discussing pop culture, that’s a surprisingly cerebral program.

5 Likes

How do you think he feels about it?

4 Likes

Morrissey? He only thinks about how meat is everywhere, which makes him cancel concerts for some reason.

3 Likes

Morrissey is insufferable but at least he’s talented and entertaining.

Basically he is an older, whiter, and English version of Kanye West.

8 Likes

His continued presence may also be taken by Morrissey as further evidence of an uncaring, godless world.

4 Likes

I was never a fan of any of these people, but they all came across as very genuine.

4 Likes

Har fuckin’ hardy har. Well done.

1 Like

Too bad the host cut Michael off at around the 21:00 mark. I would have loved to hear more of him talking about Joy Division!

1 Like

6 Likes

He feels miserable now

1 Like

Heaven knows, I suppose.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.