Morrissey is mad about how The Simpsons parodied him

Originally published at: Morrissey is mad about how The Simpsons parodied him | Boing Boing

9 Likes
15 Likes

I’d feel some sympathy if he wasn’t such a fucking whiny fascist.

63 Likes

Laugh Reaction GIF by CBC

26 Likes

This almost feels like Morrissey is leaning in to the Streisand effect, so to speak o.o’ .

25 Likes

calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

Well there’s a crap ton of articles about Moz fans dealing with listening to his music while trying to block out the fact that he’s a total knob. Some people do it quite well with mexican restaurants in LA blaring Meat Is Murder while a third of the folks there are eating chorizo :rofl:

18 Likes

Just the kind of reaction I’d expect from this humourless, self-important old bigot.

27 Likes

so in other words, would you say that Big Mouth Strikes Again, saying That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore?

23 Likes

There’s quite a large Latino following for Morrissey. Big hair and everything.
At least there used to be.

13 Likes

That seems likely, given that I don’t think he’s been in the news for anything musical in the last decade, despite having released several albums in that timeframe…

7 Likes

He should be happy that he’s still being lampooned on TV, which is not a thing that happens to a lot to has-beens.

20 Likes
18 Likes

makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here

Well, I can say with certainty that it isn’t the people making fun of an individual racist a-hole.

It’s amazing how consistently bigots are responding to being called out on their bigotry these days by saying, “wow, someone’s not being tolerant of my intolerance - who’s the real racist here?” as if that wasn’t total nonsense. They actually saw someone else taking that response and thought, “yeah, this makes sense to me.”

24 Likes

Right? Making fun of someone for being fat is low, but these people truly have no idea whatsoever what the word racist means do they? How have they so willfully twisted things that making fun of a famous individual for his personal behavior is racist?

5 Likes

Lisa, Take A Bow

10 Likes

Morrissey can fuck right off, same as he always could

22 Likes

It seems like responding to satires on social media like this may not be the best way to improve ones image.

10 Likes

Racist Bigot was not on my Morrissey bingo card, but I’ll make room for it on the next.

10 Likes

… makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here…

Because the real victims of racism are old, bloated English bigots.

16 Likes

Concise and to the point, well done.

6 Likes