Watch: Ghislaine Maxwell's naive lawyer is outraged about her "horrible" (so normal) jail treatment. "I've never seen anything like it"

Oh, I thought he as going to point to physical abuse, unsanitary conditions, exposure to Covid, and/or some other physical harm.

Following her around and having her monitored to avoid a suicide attempt doesn’t sound very “horrible” to me.

12 Likes

“…They, they were treating her as, as if, as if she were a common criminal!

11 Likes

More than likely its part of some deliberate legal + media strategy. He may be trying to garner popular sympathy for his client and just not doing a good job. It’ll be interesting to see if this message gets picked up and amplified over the next week or so, and by whom.

Or he may be setting up some kind of framework for claiming she can’t get a fair trial and so she has to be given special treatment, or just an extra excuse to boot potential jurors during voir dire.

2 Likes

The last time there was an “Epstein Effect” was when Epstein himself was in jail, and William Barr of the “Justice” Department seems to have made sure everything was fixed. Maybe she should ask her atty to have Barr intercede? (There are “cameras” everywhere, but somehow that can be overcome. No worries!)

2 Likes

Isn’t “The Epstein Effect” the first single off of Diabetic Pirate Conversion’s first album, “One Foot in the Grave”?

2 Likes

They don’t want anyone slipping her some cyanide pills. Or covertly poisoning her, even without her knowing it herself. Or even disabling her ability to recall some choice names.

If THAT is the Epstein Effect, it’s a good name to call keeping someone alive to make sure the whole crowd of complicit abusers, enablers and conspirators get justice.

Let’s co-opt it.

10 Likes

So the biggest “abuse” here is that someone is watching her sometimes while she’s in prison? Wow, that has got to be THE worst thing that has ever happened to anyone in prison throughout all of history. My sincerest sympathies.

5 Likes

That was the first thing I thought when reading just the headline.

11 Likes

Wait, prisoners in jails are watched and followed by guards? And placed in small rooms? Where there might be surveillance cameras?

*clutches pearls*

5 Likes

I have been watching The Expanse too much, and thought for a second on the Epstein Drives.

2 Likes

That Epstein ended up dead too!

2 Likes

I haven’t read this whole thread, so someone else may have gotten there before me, but my first thought upon reading the article is, “in light of Epstein’s mysterious “suicide,” wouldn’t her lawyer WANT his client to be followed and videotaped constantly, so there’s less chance of her winding up hanging from the ceiling?”

9 Likes

Ya, that was my response too. It was after all, her lawyer complaining, not her, so there’s that. On the other hand maybe it’s to draw attention to the situation, “Oh, don’t like surveillance well here’s some more!”

4 Likes

The Epstein Effect giveth, and The Epstein Effect taketh away.
My sad empathy violin couldn’t be tinier than it already is.

5 Likes

Agreed. Sounded like she was in a jail cell that is monitored. I didn’t hear any mistreatment.

Which is of great value to keep this witness and or perpetrator alive to bring justice to the victims.

Should rich people like Maxwell or Roger Stone go to '“Rich Prison”?.. Fuck no!

At least not until the prison system is elevated to treat all people as equal under the law.

2 Likes

Not sure what’s funny about this. If her lawyer states that the conditions under which she’s being held are out the ordinary, well maybe they are? Let’s try and not pile on just because the case seems “open and shut”.

1 Like

His own words describe what he thinks is wrong, and they aren’t. They are completely standard for anyone in prison, especially a prisoner on “suicide” watch.

13 Likes

If a hundred people have the same thought, they all get to post about it.

“Piling on” is not a thing. This topic is not going to get throttled or locked because “too many” people think Ghislaine Maxwell is a terrible person who is getting what she deserves.

11 Likes

I’ll tell you a little secret about the legal world: The Truth and facts are secondary concerns at best for the kind of attorney who chooses to represent the likes of Ghislaine Maxwell.

If you’re ever considering buying a used car or an NFT come back here and I’ll give you some similarly obscure information about the priorities of the people who sell them.

10 Likes