Watch: Ghislaine Maxwell's naive lawyer is outraged about her "horrible" (so normal) jail treatment. "I've never seen anything like it"

The conditions he’s describing are completely normal and couldn’t even remotely be described as “horrible.”

Well, if they are, he should describe what the extraordinary conditions actually are, because so far he hasn’t done that, at all. He’s just described… prison.

“Pile on” what? Everyone’s pointing out that that at this point, literally the only description we have of the conditions are his, but what he’s actually describing doesn’t match his characterization of them. He’s the one making it seem “open and shut” by so effectively undermining his own claims. I can only imagine what he’s like the courtroom, if this is his idea of making a convincing argument:

“Members of the jury, my client is not guilty. It’s true he was found on the night of the murder, standing over the victim, covered in the victim’s blood, holding the murder weapon that only had his fingerprints on it, while screaming, ‘I did it, I killed them,’ And it’s true my client made repeated and graphic threats to murder the victim in the weeks before. I rest my case.”

10 Likes

Sometimes, such cells are equip[ed with bright lights that shine 24 hours a day.

https://www.kcba.org/kcba/newsevents/barbulletin/BView.aspx?Month=02&Year=2013&AID=article1.htm

The standard treatment afforded to jail inmates is often cruel, even if it is not unusual.

2 Likes

“I remember Massingbird’s most famous case: the Case of the Bloody Knife. A man was found next to a murdered body. He had the knife in his hand. 13 witnesses had seen him stab the victim. And when the police arrived, he said “I’m glad I killed the bastard.”
Massingbird not only got him off; he got him knighted in the New Year’s Honours List. And the relatives of the victim had to pay to wash the blood out of his jacket!”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.