Watch gibbons freak out about a rat scurrying through their enclosure

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/19/watch-gibbons-freak-out-about.html

3 Likes

I once saw a squirrel move along the edge of the gibbon enclosure at the San Francisco Zoo. The gibbon wasn’t so much freaked out as looking for a non-approved snack. And he came mighty close to getting one.

3 Likes

Those gibbons freak me out.

5 Likes

I don’t blame them. Heck, if I saw a rodent in my home I’d probably freak out like that, including the weird arm movements.

8 Likes

There was a mouse that interrupted church on Easter, my kid told me. Lots of squealing, though not from the mouse. They ended up shooing it outside.

1 Like

I see your “gibbons freak out over a rat” and raise you one "red panda freaks out over a bug on a rock."

11 Likes

I don’t see anything about a bug.

And The Rock can be scary. I wouldn’t mess with him either. :wink:

2 Likes

A video of people running and screaming because of a rat is much more entertaining.

2 Likes

I’m more freaked out about the Under Armour. That company is a 45 supporter.

Come to think of it you might be a little happy about the caliber that you selected for your nom.

2 Likes

Came here to say the exact same thing.

1 Like

Assuming that he is posing with a magazine soon after it was released, it is from the halcyon days when no one seriously thought Trump would win.

4 Likes

I was flabbergasted. I assured a friend on the phone that very night.
The red ones will flip, I told her.
Texas is going purple, I told her.

I am often wrong.

3 Likes

And here I thought it might be more news about Senator Leach.

They move eerily like a cost-reduced spider that had to be implemented with only half of its leg budget; but is using the original movement algorithms to the degree possible.

5 Likes

What freaks me out, like a hand-waving gibbon chasing a rat, is how many times articles or blog posts are repeated in prior blog pages.

I went back 15 pages, and found on pages 8 through 15 many duplicate posts that showed up later, repeatedly, on more recent blog pages.

What the hell gives with that?

1 Like

Well said.

2 Likes

$$$$$$$$

2 Likes

As a zoo chaser, I give you this video, serendipitously shot by yours truly. Warning, NSFE (not safe for elephants). https://youtu.be/M5JHhaEsjqA.

1 Like

That was pretty boring.

IIRC elephants communicate social status and their mood using their dongs. It’s part of their body language, like a dog’s tail. Or a cat’s ears.

2 Likes