Watch: Gohmert goes off at Strzok hearing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/12/watch-gohmert-goes-hog-wild-a.html

4 Likes

Public Testimony = Public Theater

9 Likes

I have no idea who these people are, nor what they’re going hog wild about.

And having just watched the video, I think that’s just as well.

3 Likes

Today’s Republican party in a nutshell.

33 Likes

Yet, somehow, Trump is still credible with those same people. le sigh

14 Likes

Louis Gohmert is such a huge dick, always has been, and why they keep electing him is anybody’s guess.

6 Likes

The Trump Doctrine: if you deny it, that means it didn’t happen. QED.

6 Likes

Texans like huge dicks.

7 Likes

Well, he needs to be circumcised…

3 Likes

A good take via The Daily Beast:

Read This: “Republicans Thought Peter Strozk Would Be a Punching Bag. He Just Knocked Them Out.”

(One box is not working on mobile)

11 Likes

House Democrats erupt, one suggesting Gohmert needs to take his “medication.”

An outrageous suggestion on the part of those Dems. They should know that there is currently no pharmaceutical treatment for Gohmert’s well-known chronic stupidity.

15 Likes

14 Likes

Yeah, that basically describes my impression of rural Texans: irretrievably fixated on hurting others. Old white men who only react to swagger and are blind to actual results.

A state full of Biffs.

Or as my fave shirt says, “Texas: the America of America”

12 Likes

Circumcision is mutilation, but I get your meaning.

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been brought up in the hearing yet, but it should be: any public employee has a right to his/her political opinions, and a right to discuss those opinions with other citizens. Strzok discussing politics with a friend is not proof of bias.

Should Republicans only be investigated by other Republicans? And if so what does that say about the Benghazi investigation, pushed primarily by Republicans-- were the Republican members of the House select committee NOT biased against Obama or Clinton?

11 Likes

Its clear that the GOP will go to any lengths to defend a trump administration. Its ok. They are staking their ground and they will pay for it later.

4 Likes

“I’d like to plead the 1st.”

“Which 1st Amendment right are you referring to?”

“The freedom of speech to tell you to go fuck yourself.”

25 Likes

I did so want him to tell Gohmert, “I didn’t pay her $130,000 to keep quiet.”

Or, for one of the Dems to ask Strzok, “Did you pay Lisa Page $130,000 to keep quiet?”

7 Likes
11 Likes

Gohmert says very clearly that everyone has bias. So according to him WHO should do the investigating then? There’s negative bias and positive bias, if a Democrat can’t investigate a Republican because of negative bias, then by the same token a Republican can’t investigate another Republican because of positive bias-- they would let their fellow Republican slide.

I mean. . . Gohmert complaining about someone else’s bias is the very definition of irony.

10 Likes