Watch: Gohmert goes off at Strzok hearing

Rare childhood photo of Gohmert.

5 Likes

This gormless ballsack is the representative of my hometown, and boy howdy is he ever representative of my hometown.

14 Likes

Democrats really need to watch more pro-wrestling. There’s much to be learned.

8 Likes

hi there, native texan here. gohmert comes from a deep east texas district where the locals hate the “elites” from the local university (which i attended, btw). the local registrar of voters, at least when i was there, worked along with the ridiculous state laws to keep the college students from voting. in the rest of the state gohmert is widely known as the dumbest legislator from texas, even by republicans.

all of which is to say that the above doesn’t even slightly surprise me.

edited to say @Bemopolis, you have my deepest sympathy.

14 Likes

I appreciate the writer’s enthusiasm, but the prose seems pretty purple to me.

I don’t think this hearing left republicans staggering and licking their wounds, wondering how they’ll ever recover. Unlike the famous McCarthy hearing, very few people were paying attention to this one.

4 Likes

Hmmph, Strzok just wants to be difficult. He’s so shrill:

(that’s sarcasm, btw).

11 Likes

I can’t possibly be the only person who just thinks of this:

6 Likes

“I wonder how many times did you look so innocently into your wife’s eyes and lie to her about Lisa Page.”
“Almost as many times as you lied about Obama’s birth certificate.”

22 Likes

I’m really glad i saw that clip. Thank you.

6 Likes

We tried to give East Texas back to Louisiana, but they wouldn’t take it.

3 Likes

If this keeps up, I expect to see fistfights on the House floor in the tradition of the grand Parliament scuffles of Japan, Turkey, Ukraine, and a few others. Hell, I expect to see even better fistfights than any of those because we’re 'Murica, dammit!!!

6 Likes

I’ve said it before, but OUR country is well and truly FUCKED by the republicans in congress who are complicit in treason.

11 Likes

Your rhetorical question is built on a flawed premise: the same rules or opinions should apply to both sides. The Republicans, led by their most-worst slug McConnell, have no sense of fair play and no consideration for impartiality.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised that some of their foaming-at-the-mouth accusations of bias come from the fact that, among themselves, an unskewed or empathetic viewpoint is rarer than an introspective thought from president Turnip.

5 Likes

Most disgusting part of that video: Gowdy’s look of total bored contempt.

2 Likes

No, they don’t either. The problem with this vast sea of sub-literate terra-cotta-toothed booger-flicking peckerwoods is that they aren’t generally called upon to do better and have no idea of what constitutes a competent representative. Some profess a favorable opinion of Trump yet are unable to explain his benefits or achievements.

The elected defectives of Tejas are generally installed by the old boy oil-and-banking network.

Of Gohmert, I observe that he ran unopposed in the last three elections.
smh in Texas congressional district 1.

6 Likes

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/The_Caning_of_Senator_Charles_Sumner.htm

11 Likes

Sure - just locker room talk.

4 Likes

So this guy is saying an FBI agent should not be trusted because he was unfaithful to his wife, in his support of a President that has been unfaithful to all his multiple wives.

Please, think of the poor ironies that had to die for his statements today…

18 Likes

We should send flowers.

2 Likes

Press ‘F’ to pay your respects.

2 Likes