Watch: Gohmert goes off at Strzok hearing

Breitbart offered live coverage while they tried to figure out how to spin it. They settled on screaming, “Lies!” and nitpicking a few statements. The real test will be if they bury further news about it–that’s how you know it’s bad for conservatives or Trump.

I do agree, it was a net loss for the Republicans trying to shut down the Mueller investigation. But yeah, it wasn’t a devastating takedown like it was for McCarthy. That claim is somewhere between hyperbole and wishful thinking.

8 Likes

It all shows just how embarrassingly desperate the GOP is in trying to protect Trump; for them there never was and is no collusion because their brain-washed constituents say there isn’t. To quasi-quote a related New York Magazine article from a few days ago: The GOP would rather win with Russian help than loss without it.

Something else while I’m here: That same article used the C-word; Controller. That’s the first time I’ve seen that word used by a major publication in the Trump/Putin context.

7 Likes

As a Texan (Austinite), I was going to call you out on this until I caught the word ‘rural’.

“I didn’t ask a question, he doesn’t get to respond,” is pretty much the definition of grandstanding.

6 Likes

According to some Texan online friends, Louie Gohmert is not just the stupidest man in the Congress, but possibly in the whole of Texas.

2 Likes

that’s beautiful, man. laughed out loud in my office, drawing stares from others…

2 Likes

Yeah, after any colossal Trump failure, I click to see Fox’s take. If Fox is discussing a Oklahoman woman catching her cheating husband by calling a pizza delivery service to the house, I know they’re reeling.

4 Likes

They couldn’t find a Nazi to primary him?

4 Likes

“Mr. Strzok, I have a message here from today at 11:45 a.m. in which you call Representative Gowdy a ‘reprobate fuckface whose biggest claim to fame is pissing away $8 million of taxpayer money for a dumbass, partisan circle-jerk,’

10 Likes

Jeffries goes after the whole stinking deal:

8 Likes

It almost makes me long for the days of J. Edgar Hoover, where the FBI files on these pissants would reach the appropriate destinations.

Almost…

1 Like

Nice.

“Parade of degenerates” indeed.

4 Likes

Not alot of people here willing to acknowledge that a counter intelligence officer that has an affair seriously lacks judgement. I mean that is spycraft 101. You can’t do things that you can be blackmailed with when you have that responsibility.

That naturally goes for Trump too but I don’t know if he has had an affair in office.

7 Likes

He flirts with the Devil everyday.

3 Likes

louie? is that you?

edited for spelling.

5 Likes

No one has acknowledged it because that is not the issue. The question before the hearing is whether a private comment is proof of partisan bias that invalidates Strzok’s investigative work.

Not even Gohmert is suggesting that someone (Hillary? Soros? John Oliver?) blackmailed Strzok into proceeding with the Russian investigation because of an affair that is already public knowledge.

7 Likes

Hard to say, given his rambling, quasi-drunken incoherence.

5 Likes

Yes, that one. When talking heads make their excuses for “forgotten” populations, it makes me want to beat their two eyes into one, because how the fuck is someone “forgotten” when you spend 24 hours a day panicking about their insanely dangerous representatives ruling over you?

Mouth-breathing backward racist voters are in charge of the United States. Instead of pretending to pity them for not knowing any better, how about demanding that they start knowing better, because they are responsible for a country of 300 million people?

6 Likes

On the other hand, from the Daily Beast:

Because Trump supporters live in a hermetic media echo chamber, these hearings are part of a predictable, hokey Kabuki dance.

Do the hokey kabuki!

1 Like