Watch GQP reps claim Capitol riot was a "normal tourist visit"

But they’ve contradicted themselves several times over:

1. The Trumpsurrectionists were right;
  2. They weren’t armed/violent;
  3. They were, but that was antifa;
  4. They were wrong, and evil, but you can’t tie that to Trump; he was uninvolved/tried to stop them;
  5. They were right and Trump is still secretly president;
  6. They were just tourists.

All in the Congressional Record.

I’m sure they will contradict themselves more before it’s over Tuesday tomorrow dark outside.

15 Likes

I suppose so, depending on your idea of “a normal trip through Georgia.”

1 Like

I can’t remember ever going on a tour which resulted in five people dying.

5 Likes

Just like the American tourists who visited Iraq back in 2003.

4 Likes

You really need to create a “flaming pants” award for your politicians.
The more morally acceptable option is a statuette of said pants, but I won’t complain if you actually set said pants on fire.

I’m not suggesting that anyone take a “normal tourist visit” to his hometown or state capitol, but…

2 Likes

I mean, I’m sure in their mind there is no contradiction, all of those things equally support Trump and so are all equally true.

The say history is written by the victors, but often they do such a bad job of it that it’s really easy to see through their version…and these aren’t even real victors.

6 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

Right! To be fair, we haven’t observed his normal family gatherings for comparison.
I mean, it’s entirely conceivable that, during average get-togethers, members of Representative Andrew Clyde’s family break into physical fights, run through the premises and smash windows, trample each other, assault police officers, and smear feces on the walls. Having seen the guy speak, I would not be surprised by this.

4 Likes

normal tourist visit
Well, the speakers were from Georgia and South Carolina so understandably they see their brand of tourists coming to recreate the modern equivalent of the burning of the Reichstag as entirely normal.

I’'d surprised that the way this snake winds around the truth he doesn’t end up choking himself.

Yes his clip is highly ‘edited’ to remove the floss and keep the intent… ‘context’.

In his opener Clyde gives two dictionary definitions of ‘insurrection’ to claim this was more a low key riot and not an insurrection… I bet he did well in high school debates.

After much testimony in his next speaking opportunity calls the rioters insurrectionists and thus ‘ring fences himself’ from any miscommunication (lying) by hedging his bets semantically both ways.

The pupil has become the master at the school of Giuliani.

2 Likes

I meant capitol…I am stupid

only if gaslighting were a crime…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.