Watch: Harvey Weinstein gets slapped in the face twice by stranger at an AZ restaurant

I don’t think it’s a good idea to have a society where random people slap strangers based on what they heard.

But I’m also not going to pretend this instance makes me feel bad for someone who’s evidence-backed as having acted as monstrously as Weinstein.

1 Like

What should have happened:

tumblr_mrjtzgUgPj1qa8t6fo1_500

10 Likes

5 Likes

Definition of ‘A day late and a dollar short’’.

reminds of the H8ful 8 (one of my fav Tarantino movies, which is on like EVERy night on showtime), where the hangman notes the differences between Justice and Frontier Justice.

2 Likes

Watching that did not bring me any satisfaction.

I don’t know what else to say.

2 Likes

I wish I was in a room with some of my… uh… more <3’ed BBers and just listening to y’alls hashing this. I feel like I am both of the hands you describe and more and containing contradicting legions is hard for a mortal.

2 Likes

Yes… buuuut violence is also indirect.

15 Likes

GawaDAMMIT I wanted to give you, like, a grillion <3s for that.

2 Likes

Weinstein started to buck back, then he saw the camera. Between lawyers and ex Mossad agents this hot shot and his cameraman are fucked.

Random stranger violence is not OK. Public shaming? Absolutely OK.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I question characterizing rapists as “people we dislike.” Your point might be stronger without you minimizing what Weinstein has done.

1 Like

“People we dislike” is a general statement and isn’t specific to Weinstein.

5 Likes

Slapping him is ok. Jail time would be better.

Why not? I mean, let’s side step the pedantic portion of the discussion about “people we dislike” and focus on this instance where someone slapped a serial sexual predator who has profited from his actions and is allowed to walk the streets without fear of arrest for his crimes. Why would we not get physical with them?

1 Like

He’s already under investigation so i will repeat another response of mine:

If someone is bothered enough to get physical with someone they highly dislike then no amount of advice i give will have an impact. If you’re seriously asking me why shouldn’t you be allowed to beat someone up i can’t help you.

1 Like

I’d like to believe that Rosario, if not the other actresses in this scene, saw Weinstein’s face as they’re killing Kurt’s character.

(Spoilered just in case someone, somewhere hasn’t seen this movie yet, but still wants to.)

3 Likes

In the Meisner technique of acting, this is called an “as/if.”

2 Likes